1

Word count: 1100
A/N: There's barely any Wilbur fanfics out there so I wanted to make my own. It's a little cringe, but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Also, let me know if you all actually want more.
( I've edited this a few times, so sorry if looks different)

Today was the first day back to high school, and you were already annoyed by the thought

Today was the first day back to high school, and you were already annoyed by the thought. Summer felt like it went by way too quickly. You didn't realize how much fun it had been to not have to go to hell for 5 days of the week, but here you were at its gates.

You got off your bus and walked past the large white gated entrance to the front of the school. All the other students huddled in groups talking to each other beside the main path leading to the doors.

"Hey y/n, over here!" f/n called out to you. You ran to catch up with them at the school's front door and stood to the side for all the other students to pass through.

"What's up, you excited for another year at hell?" You joked sarcastically.

"Totally," they smirked, "and actually I think this year might be a little interesting."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well I'm not sure if this is true, but someone told me Wilbur Robinson was transferring here."

"No way, are you kidding?"

"Nope, I'm serious. He even posted the other day about going to a new school, and I heard it's supposed to be some kind of punishment for some huge thing he did. Nobody knows what though."

Wilbur Robinson.

That brat.

Sure, you admired his father. He's one of the smartest men you've ever seen and has invented some pretty amazing things. However, Wilbur is just...a snob. He's always posting about his vacations and all the expensive things he owns, and everyone just eats it up. He's so full of himself. You were pretty sure you hated him.

"Well, we'll see." The bell rang and you held back a groan as you and f/n started walking inside. "Anyway, what's your first period?"

"Math with Ms. Smith. What about you?"

"That sucks, I have science with Mr. Lee. I guess we won't have the same homeroom like last year."

"Damn, well text me the rest of your classes later, I've gotta go. See you during lunch." They waved and turned into another hall to go to their class.

'I guess I've gotta go to science then.' you thought, walking through the long hallway trying to find the room number on your schedule. You let your mind wander as you walked. 'Is Wilbur really gonna transfer here? There's no way, that's probably just some silly rumor.'

Eventually, you found your classroom and walked inside. The room looked mainly white with only a few grey cabinets on the sides and grey tiled floor. The darkest things in the room were the dark grey topped tables all facing the front. It looked a lot like a science lab, but of course, that was probably the point.

You decided to sit in a spare seat in the back and placed your backpack down beside you. Most of the tables had two people sitting at them, but you decided to sit alone since you didn't see anyone you recognized. Everyone else chatted for a while until the bell rang and they all sat down.

'I'd be funny if Wilbur were in this class.' You joked to yourself. Deep down you were secretly curious about if it would actually happen.

"Hello, class!" Mr. Lee stood at the front of the room by the whiteboard on the wall. "I'm Mr. Lee as many of you know, and I'll be your science teacher this year. Now, before we begin I'd like to introduce someone."

'....There's no way.'

"Everyone say hello to Wilbur Robinson who will be joining us! Come on in Wilbur." The teacher beckoned someone outside to come in.

Then there he was. The very boy himself. Wilbur came in and stood at the front with his casual black shirt and jeans. Everyone looked shocked and whispered to one another as they eyed him. He just continued to stand and take in the room before him.

"You can go ahead and pick an empty seat Wilbur and I'll start reviewing the syllabus." Mr. Lee headed over to his desk and turned on the projector.

Wilbur looked around the class for a second, weighing his options, until he made eye contact with you. Your heart could have stopped right then and there, but thankfully he looked away before it could.

You thought that had been the end of the interaction but just a few seconds later he started heading in your direction. Before you knew it he was beside your desk.

"Can I sit here?" Wilbur pointed to the seat next to you.

'No.' Of course you couldn't say that, but you wanted to. Instead, you lightly nodded and he sat in the empty seat placing his backpack beside him on the ground.

You refused to even look in Wilbur's direction. You just stared at the board pretending you cared about the class expectations. A minute or two had when by of this until you felt a light tap on your shoulder. It took you a second to react, but inside you knew you'd have to talk to him eventually.

"Soooo..." Wilbur placed his hand on his neck and thought for a second. "What's your name?"

"y/n."

"Cool, I'm Wilbur."

"Yup, I know." You tried not to roll your eyes. Another awkward silence went by until Wilbur spoke again.

"Well...do you like science?"

"Umm, I don't mind it."

"Yeah, same. I love music though."

Wilbur continued on trying to make small talk while you started staring off into space. Eventually, he noticed that you weren't paying attention and went quiet.

After a bit more of Mr. Lee's lecture, you looked up at the clock saw that it was almost the end of class. Mr. Lee finished up his small lecture and stood at the front to give another announcement.

"Alright students, the bell's gonna ring any minute now. Make sure to pack a notebook for next class because we'll be taking notes on our first unit."

The bell rang not too long after, and never before have you been so relieved. You immediately scattered to get to the door and heard a faint bye from Wilbur as you walked out. You let out a small sigh and started going to your next class.

.

.

.