Chapter Forty: Find out the First Task

Start from the beginning

Harry nodded in understanding and quickly stood up. He gave her another hug before running out of the corridor and towards his next class. Elysian watched him go and shook her head.

"The things I do to win a war."

~EP~

Elysian was reading in the library when she felt someone knocking on her inner door. Knowing it was Hogwarts, Elysian opened the door and smiled slightly when she felt the familiar presence of Hogwarts entering her mind.

"Hello Lady Slytherin," said the castle.

"Hello Hogwarts, did you find out what the First Task was?" asked Elysian.

It took a few minutes for Hogwarts to answer – which meant Dumbledore had told Hogwarts not to answer any questions about the tournament, probably to prevent Harry from asking since as Heir Gryffindor he could speak to the castle – and when she did, Elysian almost screamed.

"There are four dragons currently being moved onto Hogwarts grounds," said Hogwarts, a steely tone mixed into her ethereal voice.

"DRAGONS! They want four STUDENTS to fight DRAGONS!"

"I'm afraid so," said Hogwarts in response.

"Right, where are they being kept?" asked Elysian.

"Near the Gate keepers hut."

"Well, then. I'm going to need to do something. I may hate my brother but Tom needs him alive to get his body back and keep me hidden from Dumbledore. Does my ability to speak to snakes extend to dragons?"

"I believe so, though it may be difficult."

"The Things I do to win a war."

~EP~

Elysian watched as Hagrid walked away from the dragons. She knew Harry had used his cloak and was currently travelling beside the half-giant and she was glad that he had taken her advice to heart. It would have been harder to keep him alive if he was as thick headed as usual.

Casting a disillusion charm on herself, Elysian moved forward and made her way between the dragon cages until she was directly in the middle of them. She stared at each cage and found her heart stopping upon seeing the dragons help within there was a Hungarian Horntail, Swedish Short-Snout, Chinese Fireball, and Common Welsh Green dragon. Only the Hungarian Horntail made her feel fear as, knowing Harry's luck, it was probably the dragon he would have to face, but she needed to speak to all of them. She just hoped they would be understanding.

Once she was sure that all of the dragon trainers were gone, Elysian took down the spell and waited until the dragons had noticed her before speaking.

"Great Dragons, I beg an audience as Lady Slytherin and Heiress Gryffindor, do you accept my request?"

Elysian had read up on dragons and Hogwarts had quickly informed her of how to speak to dragons before the night had fallen.

It was the Chinese Fireball who spoke: "Speak, young hatchling, and we shall listen."

"Yes," said the Swedish Short-Snout, "You have the aura of a dragon, though the tongue of a snake."

"Hush, leave the girl alone," growled the Common Welsh Green, "She obviously learnt the language of the snakes first."

It took her a second for Elysian to pluck up the courage to speak, especially as the Hungarian Horntail had yet to speak and she seemed to be looking at Elysian with a calculating look.

"Thank you. I am here to ask that in the tournament tomorrow, you do not harm my twin brother. As you know, you will be placed in an arena and a fake egg shall be placed in your nest. Each human who enters the arena will try and take the fake egg from your nest. I would request that you try not to harm anyone as they are being forced to do this against their will –" a lie but not one that would do too much harm if it meant Harry would be somewhat safe, "—much like yourself."

"And what would you have us do?" asked the Hungarian Horntail, standing to her full height within the cage. "Remain still like we don't care? Surely that would alert your kind to something?"

"I don't mean that you cannot defend your nests or have some fun by scaring the audience, I simply wish to request that you don't kill anyone entering the arena. If you have the chance to eat the man with the horrible robes and long white beard, DO IT!"

The dragons each shared a look before nodding and sticking their claws through the bars of the cage. Knowing that she needed to do something specific, Elysian called forth her Patronus and smiled as the Hungarian Horntail Patronus placed a claw onto the dragons. With a blinding light, the verbal contract was sealed and Elysian quickly got away.

"That went well," said Hogwarts happily.

"Once again, the things I do to win a war."