Chapter Thirty-Six: Beauxbatons and Durmstrang and The Goblet of Fire

Start from the beginning

"Potter!" hissed Professor Imposter, his magical eye twisting to face Elysian, "you're next."

Elysian stood up, her head held high and shoulders squared. Everyone waited with anticipation as Professor Imposter raised his wand and the tell-tale sparks shot out. For a moment nothing happened and then Elysian felt a small amount of pressure on her mental shields. There was a knock – more like a kick – at her inner door but the door remained firmly closed and Elysian just stood there smirking and staring at her green nails. Other students were in awe as Professor Imposter started to get more and more agitated with every new attempt to force her to do something until eventually, he gave up.

His mangled features shifted into a smile and he clapped, his magical eye scanning her up and down.

"See here, everyone!" he cried, "even at my strongest I couldn't control her. Miss Potter, here, is truly immune to Imperius curse and I hope you were all watching how she did it. Now let's continue!"

Soon everyone had been put through the curse and Blaise was the only other person capable of throwing off the spell, after about ten minutes. Professor Imposter ushered everyone out of the class, making sure to call Elysian back so that she couldn't truly escape the confrontation to come.

"Ely?" Blaise said, his concern clear.

"Go ahead, I'll meet you in the common room," said Elysian ushering him away.

Turning around, Elysian sat back down at her desk, her wand prepared under the desk in case of attack. Professor Imposter waited until everyone was gone and warded the classroom just as his face began to bubble and shift.

Once it was done, Elysian was shocked to find that IT WAS THE MAN FROM THE WORLD CUP! The man she had run into when she was running away.

Barty quickly left to the back of the classroom before returning with a letter clutched in his grip. He handed it to her, his tongue moving sporadically to his lip and back, and watched as she opened it. Immediately, Elysian recognised the seal and she quickly broke it, revealing a letter within. The handwriting was very different from the previous one but that didn't matter as it was still legible.

My Darling Elysian,

I understand that Barty may have frightened you when he first revealed himself (So Barty must have told him that he revealed himself, not that Elysian called him out) though know that he is working on my orders. I am attempting to return to my body but to do so, I'm afraid I will require yourself to help me through this will not happen until the Third Task of the Triwizard Tournament.

Barty has been instructed to find a way to enter Harry Potter into the tournament so that we may continue the narrative that he is the one who defeated me. Know that this is my way of protecting you as we are both aware that should Dumbledore become aware of this twist, he will attempt to indoctrinate you into his Order.

Barty has also been instructed to protect you as I believe that the Head of Durmstrang is Igor Karkaroff, a former Death Eater and traitor to our cause. If he thinks that you are in any way connected to me or the Death Eater movement he will attempt you have you captured and I cannot allow that.

I would like to hear from you once more, my darling, any letters you wish to send give to Barty and he shall take them to my location.

Yours

Tom.

Barty waited patiently until she was done before incinerating the letter and motioning that she could leave. They didn't speak to each other, even though she could tell he wanted to know how she knew him, as Elysian quickly left the room and returned to the common room where Blaise was waiting.