Chapter 1

I am Catherine and I have raven black hair and am four foot six inches at seven years old. They tell me that I have a mother and father that are great people and love me, maybe one day I will go and see them, or so they say. But of course you don't know who they are. They are King Henry and Catherine de' Medici. To be honest they are more of a family to me than this mysterious family that they say that I have. I think that they are both lying and my family is dead, or I am a bastard daughter of one of them. The only good thing that I have in this stupid castle (it's a nice castle but I want to know what home looks like) is Bash who I've been betrothed to since, well as long as I can remember. He's a bastard too, that's why I think that I'm btrothed to him and not their five year old son Francis. Catherine never thought that she would hav a child and that's why I was betrothed to Bash but they could have made it so I was betrothed to Francis instead. Although Catherine and Henry keep so many things from me (LIKE WHO MY PARENTS ARE), I still love them. They are the closest thing to parents that i have.

Then there is Francis who is my other solace. He knows how to make me laugh, he acts like a brother. When I am crying so hard that I don't know what to do because I  miss the mom and that I never got to meet. Even though I don't know them, is that even possible? But when I'm in this pit of despair he can still make me feel better. In all ways except one I would rather be in his company than Bash's. This one reason is that if he could save his country or me, he will always choose his country.