The Enemy

Peridot's P.O.V

If there's one thing that I can classify as a new favorite of mine, it's waking up in Steven's sleeping embrace while my body is also snuggled up to his, having done so in my sleep. Which is exactly how this morning started. And I wouldn't have it any other way even if I could attempt to think of some others. As per my sleeping routine, I woke up at the time that would typically be considered as 'morning', but looking out Steven's bedroom window on the ship and seeing only the black void of space with no Sun, it would certainly fool anyone else. But I trust my routines, so I'll call it a morning. 

Last night was very fun. Steven and I played some games that used his hologram technology and S4INT even joined in a couple times. I'm really starting to like S4INT, too, and the main reason for that is her personality reminds me very much of my own. Blunt and having no-filter whenever she's free to speak like it, but also respectful and informative when in the presence of someone who's a higher rank or a more respected figure than herself. I was like that with Yellow Diamond, though I had less of a chance to be more blunt and say whatever I wanted to. Nevertheless, S4INT made for some fun and interesting conversations last night and was also kind enough to send Steven and I off to bed at the right time, not wanting either of us to miss out on sleep.

Steven looks pretty peaceful and content while sleeping and I personally find it pretty cute. But now that I've also gotten the chance to see him act like the captain of a ship and be regarded as one, I'm even more attracted to him than before. Just seeing him express his authority made me feel kinda hot inside, but I kept it tempered down so that I wouldn't do anything inappropriate in front of S4INT. But since she promised that she would give Steven and I our privacy when we're inside his room, I don't see why I can't show some of that affection I was holding back on right now. Lightly kissing his forehead with my hands holding his face, I see Steven smile in his sleep, but since that doesn't fully wake him up, I go kissing his cheeks. After going back and forth on those a couple of times, my Captain boyfriend comes to and keeps me close, letting me move on to morning lip kisses. I press my lips against his and don't remove them, feelings of inner excitement rising.

"Well, well, well, looks like you two lovebirds are up and kissing already. I'd say it's a new record but I haven't been keeping track"  S4INT suddenly interrupts, "Ah, well, whatever. I was about to wake up guys up anyway and I personally would've liked to have tried that too. I would've played an air horn noise super loud and would've short-circuited myself laughing from seeing your guy's reactions. Sadly, that option's no longer on the table. Long story short, get up and get something to eat, Captain and Girlfriend! We'll be at Judas-12 in about an hour and as I always say, you can't fight an invading force after trying to be diplomatic to them on an empty stomach. Simply doesn't work".

"I thought you said you were going to give us privacy, you lying clod!" I huff, glancing at the ceiling since that's where S4INT's voice is coming from.

"Yeah, I did. But when you're in control of everything on this ship and can technically hear anything and everything too, it turns into a situation where you've made me promise something that I really can't keep even though I want to, Peridot"  S4INT replies casually, making me roll my eyes.

"Stupid AI's" I mutter, getting off of Steven and easing myself off his bed.

I then follow Steven, once he gets up too, out of his room and directly across the hallway, both of us still in our pajamas with me in an alien-themed pajama two-piece while Steven wears a white undershirt and some black shorts with a yellow stripe down running down the sides vertically. Entering the new room, I soon find that it's a smaller size version of the kitchen in the Crystal Gem Temple, except nearly everything here is colored white. It has a circular table with stool-like seats sitting in the middle with a few cabinets, a fridge, and a sink all mashed together to fit on the far adjacent wall. A long rectangular window is also built into the wall opposite where we just entered, completing the look and making me feel right at home. Steven then heads to where the cabinets are and reaches in to pull a cereal box out, setting it on the counter directly below the cabinets before opening the fridge and grabbing the milk. He puts both together in a bowl and puts each individual component back in their respective places, then brings his breakfast over to the table, where I've already found myself a spot. My boyfriend picks a spot on my left and immediately gets to eating, leaving me to watch and enjoy his company.