Chapter 15: Queens

Start from the beginning

"Wait, you have a sister?" Logan asked me as the two of us walked into the bathrooms.

"Yea. She's older than me...by 20 minutes." I told him as I walked into one of the changing stall.

"Wait, you're a twin?!" Logan exclaimed as I chuckled, changing into a black tank top, black vest, black pants, and black shoes.

"But we look nothing alike." I told him, walking out of the changing stall with my white nightclothes in hand.

"Is she also here in Queens?" he asked me as we walked back into the bedrooms.

"No. She's in a different borough." I told him as the boys all started to get dressed since it was almost morning anyway. "Logan, until I get back, you lead." I told him, tying a white bandana around my bicep as he nodded. "Boys, when I'm gone, Logan is in charge." I told my boys as they nodded, all saying goodbye as I walked downstairs, out of the Lodging House. I walked down the street, heading for the Brooklyn border as I put my hand in my pocket, feeling for my switchblade...just in case. I finally made my way into Brooklyn since that's the fastest way to get to Manhattan.

I walked down the dark street in silence with only one thought in my mind. Find my sister and get her to help Queens. I was so lost in thought as I walked down the street, I didn't even notice that a boy was following me. I glanced behind me, seeing a silhouette of a teenage boy, so I took a turn down a side street, the boy still following me. I kept my walking pace as I walked back onto the main road, the Brooklyn Bridge finally in sight. I sighed, rolling my eyes, not looking behind me. "Why you following me, kid?" I asked the boy behind me, but I didn't even look at him.

"Because. Spot told me to." The boy said to me bluntly as I realized we ended up on the docks of the Brooklyn Newsies.

"Flip? What are you doing in Brooklyn?" I heard a boy ask as I turned around, facing Spot Conlon, leader of the Brooklyn Newsies.

"Who's Flip?" I asked him as he looked at me in realization.

"Wow. Sorry, I guess. You just look a lot like my girlfriend." Spot said, chuckling as I rolled my eyes.

"Can I help you?" I asked him, crossing my arms as we both got serious again.

"Mighty bold of you to show your face here in Brooklyn." Spot said, also crossing his arms.

"If I could have avoided Brooklyn, I would have. But I need to get to Manhattan...and fast." I told him as he just looked at me.

"Why you need to go to Manhattan? I know you not from there." Spot told me, also crossing my arms.

"Just visiting some family." I told him as he looked at me skeptically.

"At 5 in the morning?" he asked me.

"Wanted to get a head start." I told him as he looked at the boy following me, nodding.

"See you later, then." Spot said to me as he walked off, some of his boys following him. I rolled my eyes, walking off the dock as I walked onto the Brooklyn Bridge. I walked across the bridge, getting into Manhattan as I looked around, seeing the streets mostly dead as the adults all started to get ready to go to work. Since the Newsies wouldn't be out for a while, I found an abandoned building as I climbed in an open window, using a ladder as I looked around, seeing a beat-up couch as I shrugged.

"Better this than the floor." I muttered to myself, walking over to the couch. I took off my vest, leaving me in my tank top as I laid on top of the couch, trying to find the right position as I finally fell asleep after literally about one hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That Night 3rd POV*

Logan, standing leader of the Queens Newsies watched in horror as The Bronx burned the Newsboys Lodging House to the ground with some of the boys still inside. "Logan, what are we gonna do?" Runt asked Logan, terrified as the Newsies noticed that The Bronx Newsies were marching into Queens, heading for them.

"We fight. We fight for our home." Logan told him, clenching his fists as the remaining Queens Newsies attempted to put up a fight.

The Bronx Newsies will stop at nothing to get what they want as they drop body after body of Newsies. "Logan. Tough guy." Kayden said as he and Noah walked up to Logan who was beaten up, laying on the ground.

"What do you want?" Logan asked the two, coughing up blood.

"Just want you to know that Queens has fallen to The Bronx. Manhattan is next." Kayden said to Logan, smirking before plunging a knife into Logan's stomach, leaving him there to die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Day Corkscrew's POV*

I yawned, sitting up from the beat-up couch as I shielded my eyes from the sun coming in from the open window. I sat up, my back cracking as I grabbed my vest, putting it on as I climbed out the window, climbing down the ladder to the ground. I looked up at the sky and by the position of the sun, I can tell it's about 1:00 in the afternoon. "I slept for that long?" I muttered to myself, taking my hair out of the messy bun as my blonde hair flowed well past my shoulders.

"Did you hear what happened in Queens last night?" I heard a boy ask as I walked past him

"The thing with the Bronx? Yea." I heard a boy say to him as I heard him whistle, take off his hat as he looked at me.

"Is that Flip?" another boy asked as I rolled my eyes. Why is everyone mistaking me for this Flip person?

"Nah. Flip has brown hair. She has blonde." Another boy pointed out as I continued to walk down the street.

"Why does Manhattan have to be so hot?" I muttered to myself, tempted to take off my vest again, but I knew I couldn't. I walked down the street, a statue coming into view where a lot of the older Manhattan Newsies usually hang out when they're not selling. I stopped, looking at the group as I noticed her...my sister.

Ok guys, comment below if you already know what's going on! Please comment and vote!

StarWarrior...signing off!