"Why are you in your suit?" Natasha asked. Well, she tried to, considering the fact that she was pressed against Steve's chest so tightly that she could barely breathe properly.

  "I was worried. I was going to call the Avengers."

  "You big idiot. I can take care of myself." Natasha broke away and saw Yelena watching them with narrowed eyes. She took her sister's hand and squeezed, smiling at the fierce assassin softly.

  Yelena's angry scowl softened, and a small sunshine crept onto her face. She actually even smiled a little.

  "You nearly gave Steve a heart attack!" Sam appeared at the doorway to his house and pulled Natasha into a quick hug.

  "I know, I'm sorry."

  Sam went over to Yelena, but Yelena held her hands up. "No hugs, please."

  Sam folded his arms over his chest. "Okay, milady."

  Once Steve and Natasha were back in their shared room, and Yelena was downstairs lounging about sharpening her knives (Natasha had finally given her her weapons back) Steve took Natasha's hands in his.

  Natasha gazed into his warm, perfect azure eyes. "I...I still don't get why do you want to do this." She gestured to her fingers cocconed in his. "With...With me."

  "Because there's no one else I'd rather do this than with you right now, Nat." Steve leaned in, and his eyes grew serious. "Please don't lie."

  Natasha's body warmed at how close he was to her. "Okay."

  "Why did you leave in such a hurry?" Natasha could hear the hurt in his voice, and it made her want to claw her face off in shame and guilt. "Why is loving me a mistake?"

  Natasha nearly cracked with the last question, but with Steve's hands wrapped so tightly around hers, she held herself together. "It's...Yelena. She..." A flash of young Yelena smiling up at her with all the happiness in this world stabbed her in the head, and the truth was gone from her tongue. "I...She..."

  Steve's fingers hovered above her cheek. "It's okay. Breathe. You don't have to tell me now if you aren't ready. But I do hope that one day you'll tell me, okay?"

  Natasha felt even more guilty with how understanding this man she had come to love could be. "Loving you isn't a mistake, Steve. I'm sorry. I said that because I'm scared of what has grown between us." I'm sorry I try so hard to push you away. "Loving...Loving me is a mistake, Steve. You don't know what these have done." She held her palms out, and saw it stained with blood from an innocent child.

  Dreykov's daughter. The hospital fire.

  Can you seriously wipe out that much red, Natasha?

  She blinked. The stains were gone.

  "I may not know what these have done." Steve's voice pulled Natasha back to reality. "But what I do know is that no matter what bad or good you have done, I'll still learn to love all your flaws."

  "Even murder?" Natasha whispered.

  "Nat?"

  "I killed Dreykov's daughter." The memory came back, way brutal than how it was in her fucked up dreams. "Dreykov is the person who oversees everything that happens in the Red Room, where I was trained. Madame B does his work for him. I was...on a mission, and I was so fueled with rage because he was the one who ordered my sister's memories to be wiped out. I can still see the way her blank eyes looked at me. It was horrible. So, I sneaked into the hospital where his daughter was treated. She was seriously ill. I set her room on fire. She started screaming. But I smothered her screams because I didn't want anyone to hear. So I killed her. I tore her face to shreads. Because that time I didn't see a child. I saw only Dreykov." She forced herself to look up into his shocked eyes. "Still think you can love someone like me? A-A monster?" Tears burned her face, and she let them fall.

  For a while, Steve said nothing. Then, he brushed his fingers over her forehead, then down they went to cup her wet cheek. "Do you tell Yelena about this?"

  Natasha nodded, speechless.

  "See? She still loves you. So why can't I?" Steve kissed her nose, her forehead, her neck, then down to her shoulder and collarbone. "If you haven't already know, I don't judge people on their worst mistakes."

  Natasha didn't know what came over her because she started sobbing like she had never cried before. Her body trembled with each breath she took, and she could barely see past the tears blurring her vision. Her face was burning like she had just stuck it in an overheated oven. She let Steve cradle her against his chest like a baby, and for once, she didn't even mind.