~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝔂 ~

Start from the beginning

"Trust me Ced no one fancies me based upon my family name alone."

"You think?"

"I know." They entered the great hall then, they sat with Danny and Lucy. The whole time during breakfast Cedric was once again quiet, staring at his plate in front of him or occasionally Lina but every time he did she wasn't looking at him instead she was laughing at something Danny or Lucy had said until it was time for first lesson.

Lina said goodbye to her friends and met with the twins, upon seeing her they both placed an arm over her shoulder "why do people keep doing this to me?" She asked.

"Because your tiny" George said.

Lina huffed "not tiny, fun-sized."

"Sure," Fred said as they entered Professor Binns class, the three took a seat at the back of the class, hopefully out of the Professor's eye line.

"Merlin and Prince Arthur" Professor Binns said "this topic will be spoilt into two lessons. Today how the muggles knew the story and the second facts in wizard culture."

Lina groaned, this topic should be fascinating but Professor Binns's voice knew only one tone and that tone made Lina want to fall asleep.

Even half hour the Professor was still only talking about the difference from fact to fiction. Fred and George were both hitting their heads against their desks and Lina had her chin resting on her palm, with her other hand she was absentmindedly moving her fingers making her quill float.

It was all quiet until a voice yelled "ATTACK! ATTACK! ANOTHER ATTACK! NO MORTAL OR GHOST IS SAFE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ATTAAAACK!"

Lina, Fred and George looked at each other and simultaneously ran out the classroom door, they were some of the first in the quick line crowded corridor. Nearly Headless Nick who was now black and smokey and a second-year Hufflepuff, Lina had seen around the common room, were both in the same state as Mrs Norris had been in on Halloween night, both petrified.

Lina quickly glanced around the hallway with wide eyes, she quickly spotted a panicked Harry, she pushed her way past people to get to him and when she did Harry hugged her tight. "I didn't do it," he said.

"I know" Lina replied just as a loud band went off silencing the crowd, Professor McGonagall's voice was loud and clear as she instructed everyone to return to their classes but Lina refused to leave Harry.

No sooner had the scene gotten less crowded had another Hufflepuff arrived "caught in the act!" The boy yelled pointing a finger at Harry who was now half-hidden behind Lina.

"That will do Macmillan," Professor McGonagall said sharply.

Peeves bobbed overhead as McGonagall and several other teachers examined both Nearly Headless Nick and the other Hufflepuff boy. Peeves grinned wickedly and burst into song. "Oh, Potter you rotter, Oh what have you done? You're killing off students, you think it's good fun-"

"Shut up Peeves" Lina yelled giving him her best Black family glare, Peeves blew a raspberry at her and shot off backwards.

The boy got carried off to the hospital by Professor Flitwick and Professor Sinistra but nobody knew what to do about Nick, in the end, Professor McGonagall conjured a large fan, she told Macmillan to blow Nick up to the hospital wing.

The only people left in the corridor was now Professor McGonagall, Lina and Harry. "This way Potter," the Professor said.

"Professor," Harry said immediately "I swear I didn't-"

"This is out of my hand's Potter," she said.

"Professor-"

"No Miss Lina you cannot go with him, you need to go back to class."

Lina nodded at Harry and with no choice headed back to the class where life died.

Lina couldn't concentrate on anything after what happened, she was constantly worried about Harry and what had happened to him. She had to sit thought Arithmancy, the longest lesson ever to lesson before she could escape and track down Harry during the break. She spotted him talking with Ron and Hermione, she strode over, grabbed his arm and dragged him to an empty classroom.

"Spill" Lina said crossing her arms. Harry immediately told Lina everything that had happened in Dumbledore's office, when he finished Lina asked: "that's all?"

"That's all, I promise."

Lina eyed him "and everything's all right with the whole talking to snakes thing?"

"You know?" Harry asked.

"Of course I know, I've heard people talking about it, I just didn't say anything because I wanted you to be able to tell me. Remember we're family."

***

That night tension ran high in the Hufflepuff common room, as Lina entrees the main area from her dorm now changed into matching pyjamas she walked past a small group of second years, as she did she heard some of what they were shaking.

"-Potter attacked Justin."

"I can't believe it, I'm staying well away from him, I don't want to be next."

"Excuse me," Lina said turning around to face the group who all froze "what were you saying about Harry?"

The boy who had been leading the conversation and was in the corridor earlier stood up "Earnie Macmillan, second year" he looked Lina up and down "you must be the Black girl."

"Evangelina Marlene Black, fourth-year" she replied, "now that we have introductions out of the way, what the hell were you saying about Harry?"

"We were just discussing how Potter is behind the attacks."

Lina laughed unamused "and what possible evidence do you have that no one else does to suggest that he is."

"Well he's been around for every attack and he can speak to snakes."

"Great work, really you must have solved it" people were now watching the pair's confrontation, including Lina's friends.

"But then again weren't you around for the first victim, it would be in your nature considering your father-"

Lina clenches her fists, around the room candles began to extinguish "shut up" she said through gritted teeth.

"Maybe your in on it, working together with Potter to rid the school of muggle-borns."

Lina took a step closer to the boy, her stare turning into a menacing glare that made Ernie cower, suddenly a hand was placed on Lina's shoulder "everything alright here?" It was Cedric, Lina relaxed and unclenched her hand, the candles relit themselves

"No, she-"

"I wasn't talking to you," Cedric said cutting Ernie off, he looked down at Lina "Eve?"

"Fine" she mumbled.

Cedric glanced back at Ernie "enough talking about the attacks when no one knows exactly what happened or I'll take house points away."

"You can't do that!" Ernie protested.

"I can and I will" Cedric grabbed Lina's hand and took her over to the other two of their group.

Lina slouched down on the floor in front of Cedric's chair and leaned against his legs "you know I am so sick of people bring up my dad, I am so sick of people saying because of what he did I must be the same" Lina kicked the carpet in front of her in frustration. None of her friends said anything, they knew the subject if her dad was a tough one, sometimes silence did more than words. Cedric bent down and wrapped his arms around Lina.

After an hour of silence and a mix of dirty and frightened looks thrown her way Lina had had enough "I'm going to bed" she announced getting up "see you all in the morning."

As she left she passed by Ernie's table, they all immediately shut up when they saw her. Lina couldn't help but feel slightly smug about it, a smirk was placed upon her lips as she left.