The crackling flames and the sizzling food broke the startling silence between the two. Again, Mia wasn't sure whether the helmeted figure was watching her or the fire, but turns out he found himself switching between the two.

After the ingredients were softened and mixed with a flavourful broth, Mia poured the soup into a metal bowl. Annoyance still ran through her, but it was difficult to press down the general politeness that had been instilled in her from childhood, so she felt obliged to ask grudgingly, "Want some?"

The Mandalorian said with a very slight shake of his head, "No."

Her first taste was miraculous. The flavours and textures were something she hadn't experienced for days. Her body sighed in contentment.

He watched the girl beneath the golden light, how her eyes flickered shut with every taste. He had never stumbled upon someone who loved food the way she did. It was amusing to witness. He enjoyed watching her this way, guard down, completely and simply herself. No creases from angered expressions nor eyes held with rage, but instead they glowed softy in the firelight.

"Mm," she hummed happily, "Have you ever tried Gufasha beans?"

He shook his head.

"These are good, but nothing can beat the ones we used to harvest." She said. "You know that feeling when you eat good food, and it sends shivers through your body and you feel like you're going to implode from the inside out?"

He said curtly, "No."

"Well that's how I feel when I eat Lothalite Gufasha beans." She seemed to smile to herself at the thought of the memory.

A thought that had been itching his mind for a while now broke out into a question. From the time he'd gotten to know Mia, he'd become intrigued about who she was and where exactly she came from - even though he knew it was none of his business to know.

"How did a Lotahl farm girl become an assassin for the Bounty Hunter's Guild?" He asked.

Her thoughts were immediately pulled from the pleasurable experience of eating when the Mandalorian spoke, for it was very rare that he asked questions purely out of interest.

She placed her empty bowl down, pulling her knees to her chest as she watched the dancing flames. "We all start somewhere."

Never did she think she'd be pouring out her back story to Mando, but who else did she have? Who else did either of them have? It was only a matter of time before they would have to try more than to tolerate each other. No matter who tried to admit it, nobody liked being alone for long.

"It started six years ago. It was a boringly normal morning." She recalled helping her  parents with the summer harvest. Fruits were blossoming, suns were shining.

"Then that sound, that horrifying screech of Imperial TIE fighters ripped though the village. Word had got out that Lothal was harbouring a Rebel base." Memory flooded her vision, almost forgetting she was in the presence of another.

"They destroyed everything." She continued, "Our houses, our land. A lot of people died that day. People who were friends of my parents, people who raised me."

Mia felt her heart clench tightly at the thought. When she could, she tried not to resurface the memory of explosions and screams.

"We tried rebuilding what we once had but it was never the same. People barely had enough to rebuild their homes let alone their farm land." She said, "Farmers can't do much without their land."

"So I decided to leave. I was young, the galaxy was big and there were plenty of ways for me to earn money for my family."

She slipped her white handle dagger between her fingers, "My dad said I was a fighter, always had been. So I found people to train me and slowly worked my way into the guild."

"After a few months, I'd quickly gathered enough money from bounties to repay my parents," Her mind cast to the dark place she'd entered in those first few months. It was a blur of merciless killing for cash - she did anything for the payment. "but it wasn't enough."

Mia's quiet voice had the full attention of the bounty hunter across from her. "I wanted to repay every villager that farmed with us. I wanted to prove to myself that the Imperials didn't win our planet over."

"When I heard about this payment, I knew I'd done what I had set out to do. I've finally got enough to help everybody out."

As the words were said out loud, a pit of sadness swelled inside of her. She knew it was her last bounty mission, there was no need for her to continue after this payment, but there was not a doubt that she would miss it.

The Mandalorian spoke, "So after this..."

"I go back to working the family farm." Her fingers traced the engravings on the dagger hilt. "I'm a farmer by blood, this job was just a means to an end."

The Mandalorian couldn't help but feel the same pity. He knew that he could see what she didn't. She was impressively skilled at bounty hunting and he knew she enjoyed it. It was an utter waste and shame to see her throw it all away for something she believed she was destined to do.

Mia quietly consumed her thoughts, hugging her knees closely. She quickly wiped a small tear from the corner of her eye, hoping he didn't notice - but he did.

"You ever been to Lothal?" Mia wanted to move on quickly.

"No." He said.

"It's stunning." She sniffed.

"I'll put it on my list." He nodded.

"But I recommend going after I've cleaned the place up." Her lips curved into a smile. "Right now it's a shitshow."

"And you'll have Gufasha beans?" He asked.

"Yeah," Her eyes gleamed at him, "You have to try them."

"Only if you're sure I'll implode from the inside out." He teased.

She smiled, "I promise."