🌸"I would love that"🌸

(The reader's gender will not be specified, therefore I will use the term they/them. This will be implemented to all the  other chapters unless needed/requested.)

Your relationship with Kanao here is like a sibling type so you would often hang with her. This takes place after the battle with Muzan. Genya is alive but left with scars from top to bottom because of the battle with Upper Moon One. [Mind you, this is my first time writing a story, so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes!] Enjoy!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You and Genya have been together for 2 years and lived together in a decent but wonderful home. Everything has been great between you two, he loved you and you loved him.

Today, you both went to visit Sanemi and your friends to see what they're up to. After your visit with Sanemi, you went to visit the Kamado family. You were happy to see that Kanao, Tanjiro, and their two kids were fine. You ate lunch with them and afterward, you went outside to catch up with Kanao along with the kids while Genya stayed inside with Tanjiro.

"Hey Tanjiro, how are you doing with Kanao and your kids?", he asked to which Tanjiro replied to. "Oh, we're doing great! How about you? How are you and Y/N doing?", he asked back which was immediately replied by Genya. "Likewise, Tanjiro."

There was a comfortable pause for a while until Tanjiro spoke, "Hey Genya, can I ask you some sort of personal question? to which Genya nodded in response. "You and Y/N have been together for a long time now. How come you haven't had a child yet?" (It's up to you if you either adopt or give birth to one.) Genya couldn't respond, but instead, he did sweat a little. Tanjiro could see and smell Genya tensing up. Tanjiro patiently waited for an answer until Genya relaxed a bit and spoke, "I-it's just that I don't t-think I'm responsible enough. What if I'm a b-bad example?", Tanjiro was surprised to hear Genya say those words. But, he gave him support and encouragement. "Don't belittle yourself like that, Genya. I'm sure you can be a good dad if Y/N says so. Besides, how do you know if you're a bad example? Just remember, if that Y/N trusts you then that's how you'll know you're going to be a good dad.", with those words being said, Genya was speechless and touched at the same time. There was a pause of comfortable silence for a while until it was cut by you, Kanao, and the kids coming inside.

You both bid your 'goodbyes' for the night and called it a day. Either way, it was getting dark. You two arrived home, you both ate your dinner and went to bed.

"Good night, love.", you said in which got a kiss in the forehead as a response. Although, Genya could not sleep for his mind was occupied with what Tanjiro told him earlier that afternoon.

'Don't belittle yourself like that, Genya. I'm sure you can be a good dad if Y/N says so. Besides, how do you know if you're a bad example? Just remember, if that Y/N trusts you then that's how you'll know you're going to be a good dad'

I hope you're right Tanjiro.. He thought, gained enough courage and spoke, "Hey Y/N, can I ask you something?" You hummed in response. " Genya hesitated and tensed up a bit and stammered, "I was uuh... w-wondering if y-you would uum.." Now, this caught your attention and fully woke up. 'I haven't seen him so tense and nervous since the day he confessed to me' You thought. "Genya, are you alright? Do you need water?" You asked as you turn to look at him. You were only met with a red and sweaty face, which made you worry. "Love, do you have a fever or something?" He didn't reply. "Lov-" You were cut off by him pulling you into his chest and hugging you tightly. You understood the situation; that he needed time to process and think about the words to say.

'DO IT! TELL THEM' Genya thought as he tried to gain his composure. As he was still in a moment of silence, you smelled him. (You love it when he engulfs you into a hug every night to smell him. You love doing this to calm you down and sleep, knowing he's right by your side.) After a while, he finally calmed down and spoke. "I was just wondering if you wanted to start a family... I-if you want to of course!" As you heard those words, you smiled heartily and replied, "I would love that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's up to you if you give birth or adopt a child! I may or may not make a part 2 of this with your child(pronoun will still be they/them) but I will not mention if the reader gave birth or not because like I said, it's up to you. If you want a part 2, please tell me! Also, requests on this and the other book are open! I hope you enjoyed reading this! 🌸🌸

Total word count: 889 words