tired days

Dr. Fox opened her eyes to the familiar hue of her dimly lit bedroom. The walls were a shade of dark blue, and they were covered in photos of her friends and families. From her 14th birthday, to her first day of college, to her first day on the job at the Unikingdom. Everyone was happily grinning, staring straight at the camera. The Doctor sleepily rubbed her eyes, as she got up to go meet her friends.

"Good morning Doc!" Unikitty happily called out to her as she walked up from the lab.

"Good morning!" Dr. Fox turned to the kitchen to see everyone already sat at the table. Hawkodile was piling eggs onto his plate, Puppycorn was happily eating bacon, Unikitty was making a smiley face out of her pancake syrup, and Richard was busy making more food. Dr. Fox pulled out her chair and sat down, turning to face the food options. Strangely enough, however, she barely felt hungry. She hesitantly grabbed a bit of scramble eggs, and some orange juice.

"Do you suddenly not like pancakes anymore?" Richard said, peering over at her plate.

"Oh, uh... it's not that. I'm just not very hungry." She shrugged, taking a sip of her orange juice.

"You haven't eaten in like, 8 whole hours. That's a long time to not eat." Puppycorn mumbled through a mouth full of bacon. Dr. Fox giggled a bit at his remark.

"Incorrect Puppycorn. She also didn't join us for dinner yesterday." Richard said sitting down to eat. "She went about 10 hours without food." Dr. Fox shrank down in her chair a bit.

"I did eat." That was a lie. "I had a sandwich yesterday in my room." Richard raised an eyebrow at her, but decided not to continue discussion. Truth be told, she just hadn't felt like eating anything. She thought that maybe she just had way more for lunch than she thought, and had shrugged the matter off. Besides, she had work to do. She finished off half of her plate and gulped down her orange juice, and cleaned up.

"In a rush?" Hawkodile said, looking over at her with a questioning glance.

"Yes of course, I have work to do." She smiled softly at him. His face turned a slight shade of red, and he smiled back.

"Ok, just don't overwork yourself, ok?" Dr. Fox reluctantly nodded, and she went downstairs to continue her work. All of the robots were happily zipping around the lab, and they all greeted her as she walked by. Heading over to her desk, she sat down and began work.

Dr. Fox opened her eyes. Ouch. Her head hurt immensely, and her vision was blurry.. She peeled the pencil off of her face, and sighed lightly. How long was she asleep for? Looking at her watch, it now read 2:47 pm. Shit. She must have dozed off while making calculations for the new space shuttle she was making. Dr. Fox brushed the hair out of her face, and glanced down at the paper.

It only had 2 problems done.

"What the!? I was supposed to finish 13 by 3. There was no way I'll finish them all!" She groaned, slamming her face into the desk. Where had the time gone? She known that she had started work at 9, and she had probably fallen asleep around 12. She should, have finished at least 5 by then. Quickly scanning the first equation, she came to find she hadn't even gotten the numbers right. What was happening to her? It was almost as if she couldn't focus on anything. If she wasn't even good at math anymore, what was she good at. She felt herself tensing up, and her eyes got cloudy with tears.

"What the hell is wrong with me? Why can't I do anything right?" Maybe she was sick. Maybe she was getting a cold again. Maybe she was going to have to stay in bed and not get anything done, maybe she had to be useless all day.

"Dr. Fox?" The Doctor turned to see Hawkodile standing in the doorway with a bowl of cheese and crackers.

Woah! This was supposed to be WAY longer! I just forgot about it. It was published on Amino for a very long time, since February 1st. I think I'll start writing the second chapter, but if it doesn't do well I'll just post the rest and be done with it! Thanks for reading!