“Is it bad that I’m excited to see if your child inherited your ability to fight?” Michael asked Kaleb.

“Shut up Michael.”

“Yes sir,” Michael said with a salute. The bushes rustled where the man had disappeared. He was a large, larger than Dean, gray colored wolf. He looked like what the average person would think of when they think of a timber wolf. He had a neatly rolled up bundle of clothes in his jaws. He dropped the bundle in the lap of one of his friends and entered the clear area in the middle of the pack. They had cleared a space that was nearly the size of half a basketball court. Dean lifted his head and his body followed. Olivia wanted to grab onto his neck and not let him leave. She gripped a handful of his fur subconsciously. Her mother was suddenly there, crouching behind her.

“You need to let him go. This needs to happen. The longer we wait to find out where he stands in pack ranking, the more vicious the fights get,” she whispered to her. Virginia reached forward and gripped Olivia’s wrist lightly and pulled back. Olivia let go of Dean’s fur and he moved to the center of the area. Kaleb pushed into a standing position with a sigh and moved to the center.

“Colton,” he beckoned Colton to come closer, “And Dean. You know the rules, no death. Everything else is legal. This is a fight for dominance only. I expect you will both know when someone is the clear dominant. I expect that person to do the right thing and back off the submissive. If you do not, I will be forced to step in, and nobody wants that. If I see one of you going in for the kill I will end your life right then and there,” he paused and looked at Dean with a hard look, “Son or not. You will start as soon as I clear the fight area.” With that Kaleb turned on his heel and walked back the way he came.

"You got her?” he muttered to Virginia as he sat down next to Olivia. Virginia nodded. Olivia wondered if he really thought she would be able to do anything in this fight.

“You got this bro!” a girl with similar features yelled out as Dean and Colton started to circle each other. Colton was the first to move, he lunged forward, teeth snapping as he caught Dean’s front right leg. Colton ripped it out from under Dean, and bit down even harder. Olivia squirmed as she saw blood rush from Dean’s leg. Virginia clamped her hands down on Olivia’s shoulders holding her in place. Dean whipped around and buried his teeth deep into the fur on Colton’s shoulder. Colton yelped and dropped Dean’s leg. Dean managed to stand as Colton retreated back a few feet to size Dean up again.

Colton lifted his chin, exposing his neck. Olivia leaned as far forward as her mother would let her. She saw the opening Dean saw. Dean rushed forward. Kaleb closed his eyes and turned his head away slightly. Olivia knew then that it was about to get bad. Colton dropped his chin at the last moment. As Dean came up to grip Colton’s throat, he left his own exposed. Colton’s fangs ripped into Dean. From the back of his neck down to the middle of his shoulder blades was ripped open and bleeding profusely.

“Dean!” Olivia cried out to him. He stumbled a little but managed to stay standing. He turned just as Colton came back around and ripped open his left flank. Olivia cringed as she saw pink flesh become overrun with blood. Colton looked back at Kaleb, who didn’t move. Dean still, somehow, remained standing. Colton snarled, hackles raised, at Dean. Dean’s lips curled back, exposing his fangs that were stained in Colton’s blood. He lunged at Colton suddenly, his claws raked across the older wolf’s face. Colton yelped and fell backwards over himself. Dean must’ve caught an eye. Dean fell on him then, he ripped at the older wolf with his fangs. Dean held his throat in his jaws, feeling him writhe between them. He snarled through his fangs at Colton. Colton became still against all his instincts. Dean dropped him gently on the ground and backed away.

Kaleb stood, and began walking away. The fight was over, and Dean had won. Olivia felt like he should have some belt awarded to him. Michael peeled away soon after. The other pack members began to leave as well. Even the girl who had cheered for Colton slipped away. Soon it was just Dean, her mother, Colton, and herself left. Dean limped back over to Colton who rolled onto his belly. Dean nuzzled Colton’s face and began licking where his claws had opened him up.