Hey, it's you!~Male Grunt X Reader

Requested by Reptilequeen !
Hope you like it UwU

I guess it's kinda angsty but all ends well owo!

Normal P.O.V

(Y/N) has been the champion of the Alola region for a solid 4 months now. Although being the champion seems like the best thing in the world, it isn't always as colourful as it seems...

Your P.O.V

"Phew" I sighed deeply as I brushed away the sweat from my forehead. Running away from the paparazzi is more tiring than I thought.

You see being the first champion of the region was big news, not only for the people of Alola but the rest of the world also. Constantly giving interviews, attending all sorts of events and what not.

Sometimes I just want to have some personal space, a little breather from all the commotion...

***

I'm currently walking towards Po Town on Ula'ula island, even though Team Skull got disbanded, not many people stick around this place.

I noticed an empty bench whilst strolling down route 17. Perfect. I sat down and stretched. "Ah some peace and silence!" I exclaimed as nobody was nearby. At this point I decided to let out my Primarina and other pokemon out to play. They all cried out happily and moments later were playing joyfully.

I smiled at the sight and proceeded to take out one of the malasadas I brought with me in case I'd get hungry. As soon as I was about to take a bite, I heard a soft sobbing sound in the distance. I stood up abruptly and turned towards the source.

A blue haired grunt from Team Skull was walking my way. After a moment I came to a sudden realization. "It's you!" I shouted without thinking, pointing at the grunt.

He looked at me, wide eyed, with tears visible in the corners of his eyes. The male started to aggressively wipe his tears away. "H-how do you know me?!" He stuttered out in shock.

"You're the grunt that I met during my first trial! In Verdant Cavern and also earlier on during my adventure!" I basically shouted with a bright smile.

"Y-you remember me?" He asked shocked. "Even though we all look identical?!" He added as he wiped his eyes once again.

"Of course I remember you! That aside, did something happen? Wanna talk about it?" I asked in concern. He hung his head and suddenly the pokeball attached to his belt started shaking and opened.

Out came a Salandit and immediately started pushing it's owner towards me. I giggled softly at the pokemons behaviour as it continued to usher it's trainer forwards. "Alright, alright I'll tell her just stop pushing me!" The blue haired male shouted whilst the lizard cried out in triumph.

"I take that as a yes then, come on let's talk it over whilst eating malasadas." I suggested and the male nodded before following me. "Guys meet...um what's your name?" I started introducing the grunt to my pokemon before realising I didn't know his name.

"The names Tupp." He replied as he extended his arm.

"(Y/N)." I replied with a smile, shaking his hand.

"You're the champion so you didn't actually need to introduce yourself you know hahah." Tupp laughed as I scratched the back of my head, flustered. 

All my pokemon cried out greeting the newcomers. "And this is his Salandit." I added as the salamander emerged from behind it's trainer. It immediately ran towards Primarina to play.

Tupp and I sat down on the bench and I passed him a malasada from my bag. He thanked me for it and turned his gaze towards the pokemon. Primarina was singing a beautiful song and Salandit tried to copy her. A shriek escaped it's mouth and all the pokemon flinched but Primarina nodded at the smaller pokemon and cried out in a praising manner.

Salandit wagged its tail happily as it tried to 'sing' again. "Such cuties." I stated and heard a content sigh in return. I cocked my head to the side as I looked at Tupp.

"He...he's my best friend...everyone kept telling me he's useless since he can't evolve but I knew the moment I met him...that we'll make a great duo..." The blue haired male confessed as he smiled softly. 

I placed my hand on his shoulder letting him know I'm there for him. Tupp smiled at me before turning his attention back to  Salandit.

"You see...when Team Skull was still active everybody was scared of us...now that we've changed and disbanded the organisation...people still don't trust us...moreover we get bullied..." He continued, the smile now completely disappeared from his face.

"I-I just can't take it anymore, I'm sick of it!" He shouted as he stood up, tears in his eyes threatening to fall. I stood up too and as I was about to say something Tupp cut me off.

"I've been called so many disgusting names, I've been pushed around and beaten so many times! I've changed! Why...why can't they understand...why..." His clenched fists fell to his sides. Tears fell freely from his eyes.

I hugged him as tears filled my eyes. How could I have been so blind. Why haven't I noticed their pain. His pain. Tupp embraced me back and started sobbing, hugging me more tightly.

Salandit rubbed itself against his owners legs as the rest of the pokemon gave us sympathetic looks. "I promise you I'll fix this somehow, you won't have to suffer any longer, none of you will..." I whispered softly.

"Thank you." He replied as we pulled away. I wiped away his tears and all the pokemon suddenly jumped on us, tackling us into a hug. Due to the sudden impact, the two of us fell over.

Tupp landed on top of me and after we stopped laughing from how funny this situation was we blushed a deep shade of red.

"I-I'm sorry." The male stuttered out as he clumsily tried to stand up. I just laughed it off and the two of us tried to stand up together before finally succeeding. 

The rest of the evening we played with our pokemon and finally ate the malasadas...

***

Normal P.O.V

(Y/N) managed to change most of the peoples mind about ex Team Skull members and became close with Tupp.

Their friendship was evolving into more something more romantic with each meeting...

Team Skull X Reader Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें