i wish i could love you better.

"Marvin."
A pause.
"Marvin."
The voice grew nearer. A soft pounding grew from the back of my head.
A knock.
The wood door stood ajar, a bright face looked at the bed, then to me.
"Marvin."
Whizzer.
The man, long legged, dressed in dark slacks, approached the bed. His expression read to be uncomfortable, his gaze shifted to the sheets on the floor, then to me in bed once more.
"Marvin."
His voice grew louder each time he spoke, causing the pounding to increase.
"Would you just shut it Whizzer."
My words were harsh, his smile faded. I grabbed a hold of myself and slowly sat up.

Hair. My hair. His hair. It scattered around me, it was a woozy feeling, it lurched my stomach. My eyes hazy.

"Marvin you are acting like you are ill."
Whizzer waved his large, neat hand across my face.

My mind had twisted a memory of us once more. Cuddling. He rested his head onto my chest. I stroked his hair until he was dead asleep.

My focus readjusted. The beige  wallpaper stood still, Whizzer's face looked less fuzzy.

"I'm fine."
I spoke with a softer, meek tone.
Whizzer held out a hand, he aided me to stand. I scrambled to grab my robe, which seemed to be white in color.

"Marv, you've got to-"
"No."
I cut him off. Whatever he had to say was useless. It wouldn't help me. He stood there, his maw shut. He pushed me away with eyes. His glare burned into my skin, guilt bubbled inside of me.

"Don't cut me off Marvin. All I am trying to do is, is, reach out and help to save your pitied lifestyle."
Whizzer's eyebrows furrowed.
"Whizzer."
My eyes sat upon him deeply. My hands tied the robe tightly.

Whizzer's face twisted. His hands grabbed onto mine, tightly. He pulled me close. My eyes shut. His warm embrace made me melt into a soft goo usually, but I felt nothing.

"Get off me."
My arms were weak. They fell to my sides.
"I don't need your embrace."

My eyes, wet, looked at his bag. We both could sense a tension.

"Oh-"
He squeaked.
"You want me to leave."

I shook my head. Hair stuck to my cheeks.
"I never said that. I just-"
"You what-"
His pitch raised.

"I just can't seem to love you."