Chapter 1: Into a New School

Depuis le début

"Nice to meet you." I smiled, causing Andre's eyes to widen.

"Dang girl, you got a pretty little smile." Andre complimented.

"Thank you." I blushed.

Andre, Tori and I conversed a bit before a man, wearing no shoes, waltzed into the room. Everybody took a seat, so I sat in between Tori and Andre.

"Good morning everybody! I noticed we have a new student. Everybody give a round of applause to Skyla Naydeen."

I turned to everyone and gave a friendly smile, then turned back to the man at the front of the room.

"Now let us begin today's lesson."

Tori leaned over and whispered in my ear, "That is Sikowitz, our acting teacher. I saw your schedule earlier, we have choir together after this class. So if you want, I can give you a tour of the school."

I whispered back, "I really appreciate it. Thank you so much."

She lightly nudged my elbow before focusing her attention back onto Sikowitz.

"Skyla! How about you, Cat, and Robbie take the stage?"

I stood up along with a boy with glasses and a bit of fro, and a girl with long red hair.

We all stood by each other as Sikowitz gave us our prompt to act out.

"Cat and Skyla are husband and wife and are fighting over Robbie who is their child. BUT! everything they say must be said with a depressing tone."

So, we did. We acted out the scene just as Sikowitz wanted, and when we were finished, the bell rang. I collected my bag and waited for Tori.

"Hey, Skyla!" a voice said.

I turned and smiled to the boy, Robbie, who was now holding a puppet in his arms.

"Hi, Robbie, right?"

"Yeah, this is Rex."

"Sup." the puppet said in a much deeper tone.

"I just wanted to say that you're a natural. You're a talented actress." Robbie complimented.

"Awe, thank you. I really appreciate it. You did great too!"

"Thanks."

"Skyla, you coming?" Tori called.

"Yeah!" I ran to her side after saying goodbye to Robbie.

We began walking to choir together, we laughed and chatted and just had a good time. We made it to the choir room and sat next to each other.

*timeskip to lunch*

Finally, it was lunch time. I was in a different class at this time so I had to ask one of my classmates for directions. I got to the asphalt cafe and found Tori waiting in line to order her lunch.

"Tori!" I shouted, getting her attention.

She waved me over and we waited in line together. When we finally got our food, she and I walked over to a table where Andre, Cat, Robbie, and two other people were sitting. One was a goth looking girl with black hair and colored streaks, she was wearing a dark green top and a black ruffled skirt with black leggings and black boots. The other was a guy with dark, fluffy hair. He was cute, but not really my type.

"Hey guys!" Tori greeted.

"Hey!" everyone, except the goth girl, replied.

"Andre, Cat, Robbie, you guys met Skyla, right?"