The guy really was having trouble by the six flight, making Fox hesitate by the door.

You really can just let me finish the climb and meet me up there to open the door.

He wasn't really sure what was going on, but it looked like Noah did actually have a medical issue that made too much activity a problem.

Asthma, maybe?

"Don't give me that look. It's just something I've had all my life. It just hasn't acted up in a while so I was an idiot and left the inhaler at home," Noah said as he slowly lowered himself down onto the sixth floor landing and leaned over to rest his forehead on arms that he'd crossed over his knees.

Fox nudged his nose into an opening under Noah's right arm and snorted in his face, making the guy lean back abruptly to wipe at his cheek.

"You're a pretty rude fox, you know that, right?" He noted as he slowly got himself back to his feet and slowly, nervously, fearfully, peered up at the remaining sets of stairs.

Biting back a literal sigh, Fox slowly walked over to the heavy steel exit door and rapped at it twice with his paw.

Let's go already. I don't want you to die just yet. I almost like being in your presence for more than a couple minutes at a time.

"Oh thank god," Noah whispered as he grasped the handle of the heavy door and pulled it open.

Fox grudgingly walked through, his ears pinned and scruff ruffled with annoyance as he slowly followed behind Noah toward the elevators at the other end of the building. There was no one inside when the summoned metal box made its arrival with a falsely cheerful chime.

You lie. I do not trust you.

Noah stepped through the threshold gratefully and leaned back against the cool reflective metal wall with a content sigh, but when Fox just remained standing in the doorway, he frowned and walked forward just in time to put his hand out and stop the doors from closing.

"Come on, Fox. I promise that it's not that bad. Just think of it as a car that goes up and down instead of around on a road. It's actually much safer, too."

You know what's safer? Stairs.

He knew that Noah wouldn't just let him alone to finish running up the stairs, though. Hesitantly... very hesitantly, he stiffly walked onto the elevator.

"Good boy," Noah said with a smile as he leaned over and pushed a button. The entire elevator vibrated beneath Fox's paws as the doors quickly closed, locking inside of the huge metal box.

Another moment later and the whole thing was shaking, then he felt as if he was being pushed into the floor by some invisible force. Out of instinct, and a healthy dose of excessive but necessary fear he fumbled toward Noah and began climbing his pant leg with little thought besides getting away from the disturbing feelings the elevator was creating.

"It's okay, buddy. I've got you."

Fox knew that his claws were easily digging into the guy's arm as he was lifted up and hugged against his chest, but he couldn't care enough to try and remove them. Everything in him was on hyper alert as he jammed his face into Noah's suit jacket.

It felt like forever before Noah was finally carrying him off of the torturous device. The awkward pressure he'd felt vanished, but Fox wasn't curious enough to glance out from where his head was still tucked against Noah's chest behind his dark coat.

"I'm just going to go to my office. Is my appointment there already?" he asked as he started rubbing Fox's back through his suit-coat.

An young, feminine voice confirmed that whoever Noah was expecting was indeed already present in his office.