new guy

The sun seeped through the curtains in the light blue bedroom

The sun seeped through the curtains in the light blue bedroom. It was peaceful in the Weston house, Brooklyn sipped her coffee at the kitchen table, enjoying the silence, as her two children were still sound asleep.

Madilyn heard her phone vibrate on her bedside table, letting her know that it was time to get up for school. The blonde girl rubbed her tired eyes, being careful to get the crusties out. She heard her phone vibrate again, this time it was a text message.

From: Kat
be there in 35 minutes

Madilyn had her own car and could drive very well, but Kat insisted that she would take her to school every couple of days, so they can have an extra ten minutes to talk and catch up or just to enjoy each others company. Most of the time the girls were super busy throughout the week with cheerleading and field hockey.

But when the best friends are free, they are inseparable; always have been since they met in the third grade when Kat threw up on Madilyn while the class was in line in the hallway then when Madilyn looked back at Kat, she threw up on her, evening it out.

Madilyn got out of bed and immediately went to the bathroom to wash her face followed by brushing her teeth. Once she got back to her room, the girl went over to her closet. She had just bought a new outfit that she was excited but also nervous to wear. It was a crop top, nothing out of the ordinary for the girls at school but for Madilyn, she had never worn one before; well she's tried them on in the dressing rooms at different stores but she always hated it.

Every time, it triggered her memories from her childhood and because of those memories, she didn't feel comfortable showing her bare back in front of people.

However this year she was determined to get her life, mind and body back from the traumatic events that happened some time ago. But she was starting with baby steps. The blonde threw a black light weight sweater over her crop top.

Once she was done getting dressed, Madilyn brushed her hair and proceeded to do light makeup. Just some eyeshadow and filled in her eyebrows. She knew that if she did too much, it would break out her skin.

Madilyn grabbed her bag and walked out of her room. She headed to her baby brother's room, to give him a small kiss on the head before she left. She was quiet going into the room so she didn't wake him up. The blonde proceeded to walk over to the sleeping five year old and moved the hair out of his face and gave him a light kiss on the forehead. "I love you Bubba." She whispered softly to him before she got up to leave his room.

"Good morning honey!" Ms. Weston spoke to her daughter as she walked down the white carpeted stairs. "Good morning mom!" Madilyn spoke giving her mom a hug. Before anyone could say a word, the girls phone vibrated. "Kat's here. I'll see you later!" Madilyn exclaimed walking towards the front door. "Don't forget to pick up Brandon after practice!" The older woman told her. "I won't! Bye mom, I love you!" Madilyn shouted as she walked out the front door. She saw her best friends black Convertible.