Tank

Cyndi would be arriving any minute now. Everything was set up and ready. Her family and friends were all here. All the brothers of the club and their families were here. We were just waiting for Cyndi to arrive.

I had been planning this surprise party for Cyndi for weeks now with the help of Willow, Jacob, North, Molly and Katherine. I wanted everything to go according to plan. I had given everybody jobs to help set things up. Phoenix had the biggest job of all, he had to keep his mummy occupied all day until it was time to arrive.

Everything was going to plan, the backyard was decorated, everybody had chipped in make this perfect the boys had hung party light around the yard. Molly, Katherine and the other ol' ladies had spent all day in the kitchen preparing the food that was all laid out and ready. Katherine had organised the cake to be made by a friend of her that owned a bakery and it was sitting in the kitchen. There was a jumping castle set up for the kids as well as frozen drink machines and fairy floss.

"You ready for this? Making her your Ol' lady is as real as a marriage in our world" Pyro asks slapping me on the back.

"More than ready and I plan on a marriage as well, I'm putting a cut on her back and a ring on her finger." I truly was, I knew long ago that Cyndi was the women for me, I knew when she walked around the clubhouse giving us spunk, I kept my distance and had waited for her to leave school, then there was my going away for a few months on a job and then her pregnancy, but I wouldn't change it. It's what made us who we are today, and we are stronger because of it.

"Look at this lovesick shmuck all dressed up in his Sunday best," Ice says in his sarcastic tone "Only one vag for the rest of your life man."

"No shit Mate, just you wait one day it'll be you all smitten and ready to hand over a property cut. One vag is all I need and plenty enough" I say shoving him back into North who gives him a push back towards me.

"Are you stirring shit again?" North asks, handing me a can of rum.

"Not my fault this Gorilla went and got his balls caught in someone's purse" Ice barks in laughter. Shoving a handful of chips into his mouth.

"You cock sucker. My balls are right here" I say grabbing at my crutch.

"That's enough" Scar says knocking Ice in the back of the head. Handing me a box with a bright pink bow on it.

"This it?" I ask hopefully, taking the box from him and placing it on the table beside me.

"Yep Pup just picked it up" Scar grunts.

"Thank fuck, I was beginning to think I'd have nothing for her when I asked her to be my Ol' lady"

"You gonna check to make sure it's what you wanted?" Pyro asks

"Nup, I trust Scar he organised Willow's and everyone else's so I know it will be done right"

Pup comes running around the corner with Jacob hot on his heels. "She's here" he yells.

Katherine makes her way around the side of the building going to take Phoenix from Cyndi so that when she finally comes around that corner her hands are free to accept my gifts. And so, I can set up the last part of my plan and for it, I need Phoenix in my arms.

"Good Luck, Son," Slammer says shaking my hand before taking his place behind me.

As I stand with my back to every one of our friends, waiting for my future mother in law to bring me, my son. I feel excited about the future and can't wait for Cyndi to come around to us. North and Pyro are standing behind me ready to pull on the cords for the sign to fall.

Katherine comes around the corner, quickly looks behind her and then runs towards me. Handing me Phoenix she kisses me on the cheek and whispers "Welcome to the family son, her father would approve."

Holding Phoenix in my arms I watch as Cyndi comes around the corner, stopping dead in her tracks as everyone screams.

"SURPRISE!"