In the moment, I was speechless. My mind shut off feeling her hug me. My heart stopped and my hands froze at my sides. She was...hugging me. Unprompted by myself, this was all her... Its warm... So beautifully warm...

"Don't go..! Please!" She pleaded, her voice wavering. "Please don't leave me alone..!" I could feel my heart clench feeling her tears on my shoulder...

I could finally move. I held her close, "I'm not going anywhere Ayano-chan... You're safe." She kept clutching onto me, burying her face further against my neck.

This.

This was it.

No acting. No fantasy. No dream.

This was real... She...she actually needed me. Wanted me. Was relying on me.

For the first time, in such a long time, I didn't fear feeling worthless and pathetic. I wasn't scared of what she thought, of what anyone thought. All I felt...was warmth.

Its addicting... Better than any medication to curb those crippling worries. I could just hold her forever. Just to bask in this blissfully sweet heat. If only her tears were gone... The moment would be perfect.

One hand was in her hair, my other rubbing slow circles on her back. Slowly yet surely her muffled cries ceased and her actions once again became sluggish. "Better darling?" She nodded, snuggling closer against me. "Its quite late, we were out for a while. Do you wish to return home?"

"No..." She mumbled, seems she still isn't fully herself. That note saddens me, she might just be imagining that I am someone else... No matter, I'll still be here for her.

"Are you sure?" I asked, I don't want her to leave but surely it would be for the best. I was a horrible host in the end... Nonetheless, she nodded while tightening her grip.

"I don't want to be alone anymore..." I could feel my heart clench. Anymore? Surely she jests. Her, albeit annoying, friend follows her constantly like a street dog begging for scraps. My rubbish competition seems to be with her at every turn. Quite frankly, I'm suprised she hasn't got a restraining order on the lot of us for invading her modest home.

Yet...she feels lonely? "Alright darling, but if you have any second thoughts you must inform me." She nodded again, I could feel her lips turn up into a smile against the nape of my neck. Be still my erratic heart! "Let's get you to bed my sleeping beauty."

I expected her to agree, I did not however foresee her getting back up and flopping back onto the couch. Darling... Why?

I bit back my laughter, saying, "No, no, that's my spot darling. You get the bed." I also didn't expect her to resist me while in such an influenced state...

"No, Senpai! That's your bed, not mine... I'll sleep here, its comfy." Compared to your cheap mattress, I agree darling. I could feel my smile keep growing and growing, this was too precious.

"Come now darling, allow me to try to be a decent host." I scooped her up gently, rubbing my nose against hers. It caused an absolutely adorable pink blush to paint her cheeks. "Let your knight in shining armor rescue you from the clutches of the couch." As well as your loneliness...