𝖲𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

Start from the beginning

"at night?" taehyun questions skeptically.

"hush! it's the thought that counts, hyunnie."

"i'm surprised you even have a thought." the younger boy says jokingly, earning a light pinch on his waist that causes him to jump slightly. taehyun pouts. "i was just kidding."

beomgyu pouts as well and pecks the boy's lips. "i know, baby." taehyun's heart swells at the nickname that seems to easily flow from the blonde's lips. "i'll see you later." he moves away from the smaller, against both of their wills, and begins to walk backwards as he smiles. he trips then waves cutely at the other who's laughing and he faces forward to walk properly.

taehyun watches the boy walk away before walking into his house and begins to walk towards the staircase, but pauses when he sees his father standing in the living room with crossed arms.

he really doesn't want to deal with this right now when he's in cloud nine from being with beomgyu. he resists the urge to roll his eyes and takes one step before his father speaks, "what did i say?"

his tone sent chills down the boy's spine, but he shows no reaction to maintain his composure. his father takes a few steps closer to him to repeat himself. "what did i say?"

"i don't know," taehyun responds and gives the man a blank face. "i'm not that good at paying attention these days."

his father huffs at the response. "you seem to be paying a good amount of attention to him."

the brunette immediately defends his lover. "he has a name, but god forbid for it to be said in this place." he was already tired of this conversation that he knows will end with nothing changing because of his father's stubbornness.

"i just can't believe that you would go behind my back, again, just for some delinquent."

"he isn't a delinquent and i shouldn't have to sneak out just to seem him!" taehyun exclaims.

his father rolls his eyes and asks, "right, so it's my fault that you have to sneak out?" before taehyun can reply, he's cut off. "don't answer that! what part of stay away from him do you not understand?! he is bad and will only break your heart the longer you associate yourself with him!"

now it was taehyun's turn to roll his eyes and he scoffs. "the only person breaking my heart right now is you, dad!" he hates hearing the same thing over and over again as he has to repeat himself over and over just to try to let his father see things from his perspective, but they're just both wearing each other out.

he just wants his father to be happy for him that he has someone that truly cares for him and makes him happy, not for him to be disappointed in him. why is it so hard for him to be accepted?

"i'm trying to protect you, but you just don't understand!" his father exclaims and taehyun swears he just wants to pull his hair out from having to hear those words again. "he will hurt you and leave you by yourself to try to build yourself back together again. i'm just trying to prevent you from be-"

taehyun yells at his father for the first ever in his life. "SHUT UP! JUST STOP TALKING!" he puts his face in his hands as tears begin to fall and he bites his lip to hold back the cries threatening to crawl out of his throat. he feels like he's losing his mind having to hear the same shit over and over again.

i'm trying to protect you!

he'll only hurt you in the end!

he isn't good for you!

he's had enough of it.

taehyun takes a few calming breaths before he says, "dad, i know you want to protect me. i know you do. i know you only want the best for me and for me to be happy, but this isn't the same thing. it's not the same thing that happened to you. beomgyu isn't...he isn't like mom."

at the mentioning of his mother, he remembers the day she left with the last of her things before the divorce was even finalized and never spoke to them ever again. he remembers being so confused as to what happened and where his mother went. he was torn when he never heard her voice again, but was more broken at the state his father was in.

"he doesn't keep secrets or make excuses like she did. he's so much better than her and i wish you could see that, but you're so blind by your own pain that you can't see the pain you're causing me." he continues and risks meeting his father's eyes through his blurry vision to see tears in the man's eyes as well. "dad, he won't leave me behind like mom did and he won't break my heart like she did yours when she...when she..."

taehyun can't even say it out loud without feeling the pain again, but he has to. "like she did yours when she cheated on you." he finished and both kangs' hearts break at the truth being said. he hates to bring up the pain that woman caused them, but he needed to say it because he knows his father still suffers from the heartbreak. he's scared of his own son going through the same thing as he did and he refuses to let him willingly run into the arms of his possible heartbreaker.

except beomgyu won't break his heart. on that night, he even heard beomgyu tell his father that he'd rather hurt himself before hurting taehyun. he trusts beomgyu more than anyone in the world and he wishes for his father to trust him too.

taehyun sighs and says, "just this once, let me handle things, please. trust me...trust us to do the right thing. please don't separate us again." he takes careful steps towards his dad to look up into his torn eyes then hugs him tightly. "i'm so tired of being lonely and he makes me so happy."

his father hugs him back and they hold each other as their minds swirl with thoughts of reaching a happiness for the both of them.