Lost memories and... Hope?

Start from the beginning

"The same," the buffoon agreed tersely. "But what is strange... I don't remember my name," he said thoughtfully. Hearing this, the blue-haired girl also began fumbling in her memory.

"Me too," the girl said, more frightened. "Even more than just a name..."

"Enough. Thank you for the answer," said the bartender, bowing. "Well, now let me explain what awaits you."

"Firstly!" exclaimed his assistant, which made the visitors flinch with surprise.

"To ask: 'Where are we?' - pointless. I won't reply."

"Secondly!"

"You two are going to play a game now."

"Uh?" the visitors said, stunned.

"А game?" added the jester suspiciously.

"Thirdly!"

"Roulette will decide what kind of game this is." At these words, a screen with different sections and a strange symbol resembling a shield appeared behind the staff with a noise.

"This button will launch it." the assistant explained, pushing out the remote control with the red button. "Fourth!"

"The bet in this game will be your lives."

"What?" the girl said in surprise. "How so?"

The jester decided to continue listening, his eyes squinting more and more.

"Fifth!"

"Until the game is over, you won't be able to exit."

"Are these all the rules?" the guy finally asked, waiting for clarification.

"Yes," said the barman politely. "Also, the game can help you remember everything."

The girl felt relieved at these words, but the fear outweighed that feeling.

"So. I don't know what is going on here, but why the hell must I play your games?" demanded the guy, not wanting to play by anyone else's rules.

"Is it impossible to do without it?" the blue-haired asked hopefully.

"You cannot refuse the game, otherwise..." stepping aside, the man removed a screen. All at once, a pair of secret doors slid open in front of the visitors, opening to a room with... hanging bodies. "It pierced both of them with cold.

"What the hell?!" the guy could only say while the girl looked with horror. The panel returned to its place.

"Apparently, we have no choice," said the jester, looking at his friend-in-misfortune. He pointed to the button. "Here you go." he said, pointing to the button.

The girl obedient pressed the button, and the lights on the screen lit up, alternating between images. A few seconds later, the light stopped in the center, revealing the selection segment 'Old Maid'.

"You got the game 'Old Maid'", the bartender informed them. "I ask you to sit at that table," he invited, pointing and leading towards the sofas.

"Wait," the jester said.

The bartender stopped, ready to listen.

"Before we begin, I want to know what will happen to the loser?"

"Sorry, I can't say," the bartender replied courteously.

"And with the winner?"

"Nor that," the interlocutor answered laconically, continuing to carry out his work.

Although the jester was not glad to follow an unknown person, there was no choice, but the girl continued to kept staring at the panel, as if she could still see what was hidden behind it.