Please don't take me away from my girls. I had no intent or desire to kill my first child. My heart breaks every day seeing Giselle in her sisters. She never got to meet them. I will never watch her go to prom or graduate from college. I will never get to see her walk down the aisle to a husband of her own. I'll never get to see her have her own children.

I know I should have spoken up about what happened. But, your honor, you have to understand that I tried to get in contact with the police. Every time I tried, my husband would hit me. The last time I tried, he locked me into a small room for six months. I was pregnant at the time.

His abuse never allowed me to see a doctor to see if my twins would be healthy. He never allowed me to speak for myself. He never allowed me to even leave the bedroom we slept in. He put a mini fridge in there and a bathroom was attached.

Everyone probably knows that I should have done something to try and leave sooner. What everyone doesn't know is that I was trying to leave the day he killed my daughter. He killed her and threatened to kill me if I didn't do as he said by following him wherever he wanted to go. That is abuse, and to prosecute me for being a victim would be unjust.

The judge took her words to heart and continued to speak to her about the terms of my father's plea deal, since that's why she interrupted in the first place.

Unsurprisingly, he took the plea bargain that was offered to him. It wasn't anything fantastic. Fifteen years in prison if he pled guilty and confessed to the murder of Heather Chandler. He took it on one condition - that he got to see his daughters as often as possible. That only ended up being once a month. It's court mandated as well since it was part of his plea.

The last Saturday of every month, my mother drives up to Columbus with us in tow and we spend the day shooting the shit.

Today is the last Saturday of September. Auden's pissed about going since she wanted to go to a party after the game tonight. But even when she's annoyed, she still makes herself look nice.

I threw on jeans and a long sleeve black t-shirt, throwing on my black converse as well. It was a cold day out despite being September and as such, I wore the one coat I'll wear in the stiff autumn weather. It was my father's, so it's big but it keeps me warm at Auden's games and it's insanely comfortable. I found it on accident after looking for one of my mom's old coats after my own coat ripped.

I put my hair into a ponytail and put on cherry chapstick. I'd need it, since my father always makes me anxious. Anxiety makes me chew my lip. I threw my phone and headphones into one of the large pockets before leaving my room.

Auden exited her room at the same time. "You're not wearing that," She laughed.

I looked down. "Looks like I am." I told her, my voice devoid of the humor she found in my style. Or lack-thereof according to her.

"You're pretty El, you don't have to dress like a school shooter." She said. I knew she was just trying to be nice but it just annoyed me.

She annoys me a lot lately. Auden is a cheerleader, she has a perfect relationship and awesome friends. She says I'm her built in best friend. Which is true. I just get annoyed that she's so perfect.

"I'm just trying to stay warm. Remember, it was you who ripped my coat." I replied.

"That was an accident." She insisted.

"And yet, you still haven't gotten me a new one." I teased her.

"You're a bitch," She rolled her eyes. Just as she said this though, she gave me a quick hug. Then mom called us downstairs.