I Surrender (A Dramione Story)

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS NOR HARRY POTTER THE SERIES, 

THEY ALL BELONG TO J.K. ROWLING (and I'm happy with that)! 

but the plot is my idea, and other things that belongs to me. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

[author's note: I know its a bit early for this, but I just have to say it, 

this is my first book on wattpad!! *happy dance* please enjoy, and comment 

it will really help me! I'm kinda new to this, so please tolerate me for a while. 

now off to the story! ♥jaijai] 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

Harry Potter's dead.

Voldemort won the war.

How could this be the ending? Harry was supposed to win, everyone knew that, he was going to kill You-Know-Who and put an end to all of this. Now, Ron Weasley's been missing for weeks since Harry...died. Hermione never even had the chance to say she likes him, and now it might be too late, he might never come back, and he'll never know.

That's right, this is the story about Hermione Jean Granger, the Gryffindor Princess, the Brightest Witch of our age, and the Brains of the Golden Trio...once. But now, she is the only one left of that trio, and she is the most wanted by the Dark Lord for being a mudblood, for even existing in the first place, he wants her alive not dead, and for what you may ask, to torture.

He said so himself, Mione remembered it like it was just few hours ago, when they were at Hogwarts at the final day, he called out to her when she was being pushed away by Neville Longbottom as she was kneeling at the side of Harry, crying, when they were all running away the moment it sunk in, the boy-who-lived unfortunately died, and they were next.

"Go ahead Ms. Granger! Run! I'll find you sooner or later mudblood, and I'll torture you and not let you die! But you'll wish you were" he hissed the final words and it echoed through her mind like he was whispering it to her that moment.

Hermione cringed reflexively whenever she remember that awful day, better get up than have another nightmare, she thought to herself. Swinging her legs to the side of the bed as she sat down, she heard the muffled sobs of one ginger-haired girl at the room next to hers. Mione stood up and walked soundlessly to the door and peeked inside, Ginny was covering her mouth to control her sobs as she always did, and after a few minutes she just stares at the floor, she could have melted it if she wanted to.

"Ginny..." Hermione started as she walked inside the room and knelt in front of Ginny, smoothing her hands as she did.

"You have to stop this, we have to try to move on..." the younger girl glared at Hermione’s words but she stood her ground. Everyday, it was like this for them. In the beginning they were both grieving, crying endlessly for Harry. But when Ron disappeared it hurt Ginny more than it did to Hermione, she already lost Fred, then Harry, now Ron, for such a young girl, she could only grieved for so long, for a few people, before it breaks her completely, and Mione’s afraid it’s happening.

"Move on?! How dare you, how can you say that to me Mione? I've lost so much!" she choked as she tried to push the older witch away, which was easy for her as she was once a Quidditch player. Hermione landed on her bottom and pursed her lips as she tried to regain her self-control, she kept reminding herself that Ginny was still too young, too broken to understand everything, but that doesn't mean she has to blame it on her. Getting up to her feet, Hermione stared at the broken witch for a minute and turned her back to leave, but before she did, Mione told Gin the words that will always make her feel guilty for what she says to her everyday...

"You're not the only one who lost someone Ginny, we all did... I did. But I’m trying to live for them, everyday I’m trying. Even for you I’m trying." And with that she left the room and quietly closed her door.