“It isn’t my nature to just let you die.”

“Like hell old man!”

“Give me five hundred push ups,” he chortled.

“Bite me!” she scowled at him.

He shoved her onto her stomach. “If you want food tonight you’ll do as I say.”

Her stomach growled at the thought of food.

“And I wouldn’t just go around eating anything around here.”

She glared at the ground. “I can’t do five hundred.”

“Then do as many as you can,” he stated.

“I warn you, I might as well do none.” I pretty much bombed PE if it wasn’t for having a laid back teacher. She hoisted herself up on her toes and pushed herself up on her palms. One, down. Up, two, down, three, up. Down, four. She dropped to the ground panting.

“Come on, pick up the pace there Lassie.”

“That’s all I got old man.”

He just looked down at her and put his face in his palm and laughed. He laughed so hard he fell onto his side and laughed some more.

I hope your ribs hurt like a bitch. She rolled onto her back. “Exercise has never been my thing,” she explained and pointed to her slightly flabby upper arm and poked her tummy. Okay so she wasn’t enormous but hell, she wasn’t skinny either. She didn’t have much of a chest, curse herself for only having a B cup. What she didn’t have in a chest she made up for in her butt, she had a nice butt she had to admit but it came with a cost. She had pretty big thighs. All my sweets just went to my thighs.

“We’re going to have to change that,” the foul smelling old timer told her and got off of the ground.

Stormy groaned, “you’re serious!”

“Old man I’m going to kill you when I get back!”

The past five months have been hell and that is putting it lightly. Once she built up some upper body strength (some) if she was back home she would have thought she could kick some ass but not here, he had her doing all sorts of shit like pull ups and stuff. So she should be thankful after all but she would never let him know that. All they had done is was build up her strength.

But this freaking mission was ludicrous! Sneaking onto the top of the tiny mountain to steal a set of dragon eggs was crazy! Wasn’t it? What sane person would do such a thing, well if she had the option she wouldn’t be doing it. Stormy hoisted herself up on the ledge.

“Dragon eggs should be huge right?” Nests! Nests were everywhere! All of them looked like bird nests though. These couldn’t be?... could they? No other animals lived in the tiny little forest her and the old man lived in. Which is why he smelt like god awful fish. How she hated fish even before this, now she was just sick of it.

The teenager grasped the tiny eggs in her fingers. She carefully edged her way down the cliff until it got to the point where she could jump onto the closest tree. At some point she had gotten over her fear of heights, at least to some extent.

She didn’t feel comfortable until she reached the ground. Oh how she loved the ground, she had long since gotten rid of her sneakers since they fell apart.

Her once soft feet were covered in callouses along with her hands. Oh how she would have killed for some lotion. It felt like ages since she had arrived at the island. She pretty much forgot about society or even getting off of the island. Her only concern has been surviving. Her skinny jeans were worn down and ripping, her grey hoodie was ragged but her black skin tight T-shirt was still in near perfect condition. After the first two weeks she completely gave up on the thought of shampoo and conditioner. Her once chin short light brown hair had grown to her shoulders and was in terrible condition.