The hunt had not gone well for the others, not all seemed to have survived. Which was really the point of the trial. To see the one who was truly qualified to join a pack so important. Few had only a minor injuries, and fewer still, had none at all. He felt the shame in the air, as he looked upon his brothers. They were one of the only who had not been hurt. But not because they were lucky, for they had not found any boars, or were hiding.

They probably were hiding, stupid cowards. Their not even worth being called a wolf, much less a rodent. Which would be better at hiding than they were. Also less annoying. But it didn't matter how or why they survived the event. For his parents would not care if they were cowards. The loves of the family. Twins, double the stupidity really, they were the ones who picked on they gray one. The outsider, the accident, the reject, they'd called him. Since he was nothing but a cub, the fools had made fun of him, and picked on him since forever. And he felt no love, no sympathy for them. They got what they deserved whatever they got, always picking on the weaker ones.

They don't feel so good now do they? They gray one had proved them not only wrong, but did a lot better. Better then them, wolves of the nobler class. With rusty red and a hing of black. Though they could never be what a noble among wolves. For no one would accept a coward for being one. A wolf, was no coward. A wold must to anything to survive. To feed his family and protect their lands. And no coward would ever be able to lead a wolf pack, or a family. The females would never accept them, if they do, they would probably treat them nothing more than a common tool.

But then again, it was none of his concern, he would not care about such petty being now. He was no longer tied up to them. He was no longer their toy. And he walked proudly, show off the blood on his paw, and around his jaw.

They saw him, and yet they did nothing. Sitting there, behind the large oak. They no longer looked like the ones who tormented him though his life. No longer were they the ones that would make him fear life, no longer would they laugh and make fun of him for being born into a gray fur. A lowly peasant. But no longer.

Walking with pride, and confidence, the young wolf walked towards the high counsel. Most were rusty red, only one being the black. A color that is above even the red of the highland nobles, or the or the pale yellow of the low lands. The majestic being was none other than the pack leader. Wazabi oldest among the high counsel, which said a lot. Since most of the counsel members were the oldest amongst they clans.

Midnight black, the rarest of the wolf kind, they were regarded not as nobles, but as kings or princes. The probability of being born with such fur was 1 in a million, even if your parents were both of such color. But Wazabi was not a pack leader because of his fur. He was the bravest, the strongest, and the most cunning among the wolf kind.

Not only was he the leader of the Shadow pack, but he was the founder. He had trained many young cubs into ruthless warriors and hunter. Among them, were Rarg of Huthor, Kira of Solon, and Kumar of Galtimor. The most famous among the wolf kind, those who were born into they gray, yet had become the best warriors and hunters among all the clans. Of course they were one of the famous among his student, not the best. Everybody knew that Tavar of Zura was the best. Though he had taken the path of shadows, one that most do not return from.

As he walked, however, all thought fled the young wolf's mind. He stood, surrounded by many battle scarred warriors and hunters, old and experienced wolves who made up the counsel of the Wolf, most were a pack leader of their own, a wealthy merchant, a successful hunter, or a skilled warrior.

And none was a coward, or a fool. They knew he had passed the trial. But they waited for his report. He could not lie to the more experienced wolves. As he had not yet been taught to hide his emotions, control his heart rate, or even the scent of it.

They highly sensitive systems of the wolf could sense all the signs of a lair. So he must tell truth. But not all of it. It would b his death to share everything with the counsel. The old ones were not so tolerable of a change, as the young were. They would shun him, for being what he was. A nightmare. A savage and ruthless killer.

“Hello, Young Kane-Lugha. It seems that you were successful in you mission,” said a large wold, with a yellow white fur of the northern clans. “You seemed to have made a lot of mess, without an injury to your self. A deed that none among us had accomplished. Is that possible young one? Or are u trying to cheat us?”said another, a red wolf of another clan. Youngest among the counsel members. The red wolf was not yet known for his skills of any kind yet. But his words had voiced the suspicion most had already thought to themselves.

Seeing that he had no choice but to explain what had happened. The young wolf faced the counsel with a heavy heart. “ I have not known that my actions would have aroused suspicion among the old ones, I have only wished to complete the mission I was given. And I have accomplished the deed as I was told to.” Looking skeptically, a a frail looking wolf with grizzled snout commented with a bored tone said”, Young one watch your manners, learn to respect the elders, we do not waste our time with childish games, speak clearly and honestly.” Taking a deep breath, Kane accounted what had happened since the beginning of the hunt since the night before. How he had failed in an attempt to track a boar of any kind until an hour before the summoning.

“I had never faced a boar, much less a mother one with little ones to protect, I didn't know what to do. I panicked and blackout for the duration of the fight. I stoop upon the remains of the boar, once I have found myself, and ran to the meeting grounds as fast as I could.” said Kane. Knowing he could not lie, he was forced to say as much as he could without truly saying everything.

The elder wolf who had commented spoke with a thoughtful expression. “ It seems that our young wolf is speaking the truth, yet it is the first I have heard of such a feat. An inexperienced wolf taking down a boar is unheard of. It usually takes few years for young ones to gain more experience to do it. Yet this one had not only killed one, but killed a mature female with offsprings. Such a feat should be congratulated with good news.

“ I think the young one has earned the right to join your pack Wazabi. Even if he is young, give him time, and you mind find yourself a worthy warrior.” Feeling overwhelmingly excited, the young wolf could not restrain his joy and pride. Taking a deep breath, he righted himself, and stood with more confidence. “Thank you Master......?”

“I am Nhulga Shrothgar,“ said the grizzled wolf, with an amused expression. “I will think of what you said master Nhulga, but I do not trust the young wolf so easily, we must check the remains of the slain beast. I will decide what to do with him afterward,” turning to Kane “, You must be tired after such a successful hunt, you may go rest as you wish. I will summon you when I have decided what to do.”

Feeling his hopes shatter, the young wolf slumped “, Yes master Wazabi.”