Chapter Four: Fennec Shand

Start from the beginning

The two men took a few steps to the bikes, conversing, Angela stayed back, her eyes never leaving Fennec, hatred visible on the Mercenaries face, as she watched the red head stare at her. 

Angela was in thoughts, if she got the Mandalorian to owe or trust her, she could stick around long enough to find out why the Force leaded her to him, or rather the child he kept on his ship. 

It reminded her of an old master in times of the old Republic. He was one with the Force now, at peace and forever living on. But she had no idea what kind of species he was and if there were more of his kin, she only met him and heard of one other once in the council. 

She got ripped out of her thoughts as the Mandalorian began talking to her. "You stay with them. I get the Dewback." Nodding she looked at him before taking a seat and turning her attention back toward Fennec.

 And once again it was quite around her. 

Darkness loomed over the sand planet, letting the stars dance across the sky, but never leaving their place.

*~*

They waited till morning, the twin suns just starting to rise, nobody talked nor slept, they just sat there waiting, till a sigh from Fennec ripped it from them. "Oh it's been a while. Oh, look, the suns are coming up." 

"Quiet." 

"Look, there's still time to make my rendezvous in Mos Espa. Take me to it and I can pay you double the price on my head." Angela tensed, this wasn't good. 

But she stayed quiet, tuning only back into their conversation as Fennec spoke about the Mandalorian. "You already have something the Guild values far more than me. You just don't see it."

"What?" 

"The Mandalorian. His armor alone's worth more than my Bounty." Not knowing where this would go, Angela unclipped the staff on her back without the others noticing. 

"I already told you, I don't care about the money." Slowly she raised up taking a careful step towards them. 

"Then think what it would do for your reputation. A Mandalorian shot up the Guild on Nevarro, took some high value target and went rogue." 

Angela stopped were she stood, hand on her blaster and the other holding her staff. That at least explained why the child was with him. 

She felt it, the Force, once ago told by a wise man that the Force moves darkly near a creature that're about to kill. Having a wary eye on both before her she took a step back. 

"That Mandalorian?" She made herself ready for whatever is about to take place. 

"Like I said, you don't see many. You bring the Guild that traitor and they'll welcome you with open arms. Your name will be legendary." 

Readying her blaster, she takes it out of it's holster, the others seem to forgotten about her, not even shedding her a glance." How can we be sure he's the one? " 

"Word is, he still has the target with him. Some say it's a child. Look, if you're afraid to take him on, fear not. I can help you with that. Take some advice, kid. You wanna be a bounty hunter? Make the best deal for yourself and survive." As Torro walks over to Fennec, he looks to Angela.

"I'm sorry." Shooting at her, she blocked it with her staff. But before she can shoot back, she realised her mistake. An electrical shock runs from her hand through her whole body, paralysing her.

The last thing she saw before blacking out, was the dead body of Fennec Shand.

..............................................

Edited: 24/11/20