ALEXANDER

My hand is shaking as I'm pouring the wine because I can barely keep my composure. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this happening tonight or any other. That kiss was what I imagined and more. It was electric and addicting, I couldn't get enough.

Olivia Olsen and I kissed. Me and Olivia Olsen kissing. Me and Olivia in my apartment. Olivia in my apartment.

I try to keep a poker face as I'm walking towards the living room, two red wine glasses in hand but she's not there. I scan for her bag but it's gone as well. I feel as if bricks fell on my chest crushing me. Knew this was too good to be true, she realized who I am and left. Probably couldn't get out fast enough.

I turn to put the glasses back in the sink but decide it's a waste of good wine. I head towards my room and notice the door is closed. I open it and see my worst nightmare unfold in front of me.

"Don't open that!" I say too loudly placing the wine glasses on my work desk then race to grab the yearbook.

"Why?" Olivia asks curiously.

"It's personal" I say flatly and put it back in the highest shelf.

She studies me carefully as I sit by her on the edge of the bed killing myself for the awkwardness I caused.

"How come I've never seen you around the firm before?"

"I don't really leave the office when I'm there and I work from home a lot" I say but she's constantly shifting her gaze to the year book.

"That's nice"

"It's killing you to not know what's in there, right?" I say pointing at the book.

"No" Olivia lies.

I decide this magical night is dead and I need to end this once and for all and kill any opportunity of anything like this happening again. I'll lose the only advantage I had, which is her not remembering me. I get up and take the book down again.

"You really don't have to"

I ignore her comment and open to the page which I marked and hand it to her. I leave the room in shame and start pacing through my living room.

She's going to think I'm such a creep. I mean this is a spare yearbook I bought in order to write a draft in so I could perfect what I was going to write in Olivia's yearbook on the last day of senior year.

18 year old me was too naive to think it would actually get the woman I adored for four years to notice me so I could magically be her everything.

Eventually, I ended up freezing and writing the eternal classic 'Have a great summer from Alex'.

The fireworks are going off all over this city making huge bang sounds blocking all noise out, even the usual city noise. When I turn around and see Olivia standing a few steps behind me, with tears down her eyes and yearbook clenched close to her, it startles me.

All I can think is I screwed up, big time.

"I'm so, so sorry. I—"

But she catches me off guard again as she run to me crashing into my lips again. I pull her hair back and with every movement, I can feel us light up the whole city this New Years Eve.

End