Part 1: What's Done In The Dark..

The cast was sitting around waiting for the reset of a great scene involving a team flash party at Cisco's place which was unheard of on the show. The show runner wanted to welcome back keiynan and wally west back in a special way.

Grant and Candice are sitting next to one another at a table. Grant is playing solitaire on his phone and Candice is scrolling through social media while waiting.

Candice: You are truly an old man, G.

Grant: What?? What did I do this time?

Candice: Like.. what guy in his 20s enjoys a slow card game on his phone while waiting?

Grant: wowww.. really? thats how you feel? this is a classic game candice. Besides you know I gave up social media for awhile.

Candice: mmhmm..

Grant: You don't even know anything about this haha

Candice: Huh? Isn't that just solitaire? My record in solitaire used to be like 1 min.. it got boring.

Grant: Ha one minute?? Thats all you got? pssh..My record is like 30 seconds so—

Candice: Grant whatever haha you know damn well you didn't finish that game in 30 seconds.

Grant: you don't believe me? Alright bet. Im about to show you hold up

Candice laughs: Whatever we'll see.. You better not cheat (Still scrolling thru her phone)

Grant: Clock me

(20 secs later)
Grant: Uh oh clutch time.. a couple cards left

Candice doesn't say anything back this time but Grant is focused on his phone.

Grant: Ayee! I told you! I fkn told you Candice! Ha ha I should've bet money on it.
What? no comment on your L?

Candice has her back turned to Grant now and he sees her putting her head down on the table like she does either when she has a headache or she's sick.

Grant: Uhh hey candice.. you okay? I didn't mean to annoy you. ..Whats wrong, another headache?

Candice just shakes her head and now Grant sees tears streaming down her face.

Grant: Hey Hey what's wrong?? (As he starts to get closer to her face and tries to hug her, she snatches away wiping away her tears)

Candice: Just leave me alone..

He's in shock just sitting there while he notices everyone else around staring at Candice storming off ..like they knew something that he doesn't. Grant being the protective friend he is to Candice, he runs to go catch up to her outside.

Grant's POV

Grant: Hey Hey! wait up!

I can see Candice is really breaking down now because she's slowing down from running. I finally catch up to her outside her trailer and she looks up at me. She immediately collapses in my arms and is bawling. I just let her cry for a min while consoling her but I had to know what started this..who hurt her.

Grant: (Rubbing her back gently) Hey lets go inside your trailer and talk for a bit.. okay?

Candice looks up to me and nods her head. I take her hand and follow her into the trailer. We sit down on the couch and I hand her some tissues. Don't know if I should start or just allow her to calm down.

I decide that I'll just let her start when she's ready. We sat in complete silence for what seemed like forever before—

Candice: (Voice shaking) I.. I just don't know..

Grant: Huh? don't know what?

Candice: what i was thinking. I mean what else did I expect to happen?

she starts to wipe her tears again.

Grant: Hey you gotta help me here.. I don't know what's going on? It seems like everyone around here knows what's going on but me!

Candice (crying): Well thats just... Great. Just break your little hiatus and check social media and I'm sure you'll see everything.

I looked at her for a moment and then reluctantly grabbed my phone out my pocket.. to my surprise I've gotten a lot of dms from people sending me some news involving Candice.. i keep seeing messages saying, "have you heard..". I'm getting nervous just from the notifications. I don't know if I want to see anything hurtful involving Candice so I look to her for reassurance and she just nods as tears fall from her eyes. I open my notifications..

Candice Patton and JR Smith affair outed by Smith's wife via Instagram video (See prayer here)

Grant: oh no Candice.. no

I opened the Instagram video and my heart completely broke for JR's wife and his kids that I've actually met before during a signing. Not only that, I once were those kids when my own father cheated on my mother and they eventually got divorced.

I can't believe MY Candice Patton would be involved in this type of situation. I want to be mad at her right now but she's crying her eyes out more than I've ever seen her before.

There has to be more to the story, but first I'm unfollowing that coward JR for starting this mess in the first place. I don't even care if people notice either. I put my phone down and grab Candice to hold her and calm her down (hopefully) before I can get some answers.

**thanks for reading!! Hopefully you guys don't mind my script format of writing these stories lol so much easier to write without quotations

Planned on finishing my other story but ever since the scandal broke about Candice it's been challenging to write in this genre. Some time has passed so I'm gonna see where this story leads me. Just using this really as a creative activity so I hope you guys enjoy!