The Only Chapter Left

I walked in to google for orientation, and felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I had specifically told him to send me tons of pictures of both him and our precious baby girl, who is not even a year old yet. I take my phone out of my pocket as soon as I find a spot to sit. I open the text to see it was not from Derek but from Lydia. She must be at the loft, because she sent a picture of my family snuggled up on the couch with a blanket over Derek’s head. I smiled feeling warmth spread throughout me. When I heard ok now go about your day and attend a few seminars. I decided to attend one. 

Time skip.

While I was at the seminar I was offered to have someone buy me beer, which I declined, and went about my business. The next day we are seperated into groups when I got another text.

This one was of the pack in a puppy pile with derek in the middle and Claudia laying on his chest. I grinned and sent a selfie so he knew I was alright. When i looked up from my phone I was being called to the leftovers group. I groaned because I was put in the same group as the old guys.

We made our way to or group hangout room and got to know each other so far we have Yo-Yo the mommy pleaser with anxiety issues. Neha the girl who thinks she has everything figured out about life but her only experience is what she reads in fanfiction, Nick and Billy who I’m pretty sure they are underqualified for this job and have nothing even remotely resembling smarts. And finally Lyle our team leader and our google expert. It is my turn to introduce myself and I had planned to use my middle name so if anyone were to google me they wouldn’t find anything.

“Hi, my name is Stuart, I live in Cali and have really awesome friends who support my decision for this internship,” I said cryptically.

My phone buzzed in my pocket again and it was scott this time he said he had permission to take Claudia to lunch with Kira and found the fact that kira was feeding Dia peas and was in fact getting covered in them was a good picture moment. I smirked at the look on Kira’s face.  When I looked up from my phone they all looked at me like they wanted more information. 

“What?” I asked and Neha rolled her eyes. There was a buzz on a computer and we all rushed to it. We have our first objective. While everyone else was figuring out the problem, nick and Billy were looking for Professor X at stanford. When they came back I was surprised that they both had ice packs in their hands.

“Thanks guys, real funny Professor X was a nice man until he sucker punched our crotches,” Nick winced. I felt sorry for that. But they really were not helping at all. Instead of treating the bug as a calculation that needed fixing, the were treating it as a riddle. A really bad one too.

That night I video called Derek and told him everything. I talked to Dia and read her a bedtime story too, which made Derek grin. I smiled and put my wedding ring back on we have been married for three years. Since I got out of high school.

Time skip

Finally we get an athletic ish challenge. It was quidditch. Now don’t get me wrong I love being active, especially with my husband… sorry... moving on… but this game was so fucking boring. We are not aloud to actually hurt someone. Meaning no padded clothing. It was nothing like Lacrosse… it sucked. 

Mid way through the first half I got a text from Derek and a bunch of pictures of everyone and Dia. my favorite picture was of one with a shirtless Derek and Dia getting a bath. She likes to splash the bath water, so when we give her a bath we usually have to take off our shirts. That doesn’t mean I can’t admire my husband. I’m guessing that Kira took the picture because she always wants to take bath time pictures. It really was cute. That is until I got hit in the head with a ball and yelled at by Neah to pay attention. Billy called a timeout, and gave this ridiculous Flashdance reference  riddled pep talk, and somehow we almost won.