a moment's reprieve

Start from the beginning

Jennie wishes she didn't need more.

"I feel that too." Jisoo's voice is low, husky almost in a way Jennie can't remember ever hearing before, not that she tries very hard to call anything to mind. A hand flattens against her collarbone for a fistful of heartbeats before slender fingers curl around the neckline of her shirt. Heat prickles along the back of Jennie's neck and her chest heaves at the touch then holds as lips press against her ear once more. "Like all the air will leave the room if I don't just reach out and...." Fingertips drift lower and dance over the swell of a breast and Jennie's mouth opens to spill silent sounds of pleasure. "Do you want me, Jennie?"

She wonders when exactly this fantasy took on a life of its own.

She does not wonder why she doesn't care.

"Jisoo." It leaves her as a whispered whine, a plea of sorts. Jisoo's nose brushes her cheek and the feather-light kiss that's pressed to the same spot an instant later is enough to still her heart in her chest.

"Say it." Lips map a trail from cheek to ear and though the journey is a short one, Jennie's breath comes in gasps more befitting someone who's run a marathon. Warmth surrounds her lobe, soft wetness lapping at the flesh before the burn of biting teeth follow it. Jennie hisses, Jisoo laughs again. "Say it, out loud." Jennie swallows hard and grits her teeth. Her blood is pounding in her ears and there's an ache between her thighs that is building with every second and she can feel Jisoo beside her.

"I want you." She licks her lips again and lets go of the duvet she's been clutching only long enough to wipe the perspiration from her palms. "I need...." She feels the bed dip, she's sure, feels the weight of another person bearing down on her, thighs bracketing her hips and pressing them down into the mattress.

"What do you need?" Jisoo's breath ghosts across her face. Jennie breathes it in, feels drunk. Her hands tug uselessly the quilt, then she feels hips roll down and grind against her and her entire body is on fire. "Know what I need?" Jisoo's words are broken by a groan and Jennie's hips cant upward without permission. She can see Jisoo now. How her hair drifts lazily about her face and the way her lips have fallen open at Jennie's movements. One corner of her mouth quirks up as their eyes meet and Jennie feels ice and fire rush her all at once. Jisoo's upper body bends and the shadows find them once more as dark hair curtains them off. "I need you, Jennie." Then there are lips on hers and she's drowning in a sea of desire and longing that builds inside her like a tidal wave.

It's not enough. The memory, the idea of it, will fade. But in the moment it burns Jennie from the inside out.

Her breaths become deeper, more ragged, as Jisoo's kisses sweep along her jaw and over her neck. Teeth sink into the sensitive flesh at her pulse point and Jennie's fingers tangle themselves in hair that feels so, so real. In the moment. The skin is hot and raw when Jisoo pulls away, pressing a final kiss to the reddened area, and there's a fist-sized knot in her stomach that's grown so tight Jennie doesn't know how she's still breathing.

She feels Jisoo pull back and then deft hands are slipping beneath the thin material of her shirt, drawing a quiet whimper from her. They drift over the flat plains of her stomach, muscles twitching and chasing the touch as it travels, until the backs of Jisoo's knuckles brush the undersides of Jennie's breasts. The redhead lets out a gasp and the sound echoes in the dim quiet of the room.

"How badly do you want me?" She feels Jisoo's knuckles trail up and around, then there's a sharp pain as she sinks her teeth into her lower lip to stop from moaning aloud when they're dragged lazily over hardened peaks. Jennie's eyes roll into the back of her head and her hips rock in a futile attempt to garner some sort of friction, but none if forthcoming. "Not gonna answer?" Jisoo's hands flatten to grasp at flesh and Jennie's lip finally slips from her grasp, a breathy moan hot on its tail. She feels Jisoo press down into her once more and then, "Should I just... check myself?"