s e v e n t e e n

Start from the beginning

“Hey, Hermione—“

“I’M NOT JEALOUS!” She suddenly yelled as she turned around towards the door. She gasped and closed her mouth tightly when she saw Harry standing in front of her. “Harry,”

“This seems like a bad time to talk to you.” He said as he stared at her quizzically.

“Oh, no, it’s fine! I’m perfectly fine.” Hermione told him quickly and smiled. “What brings you here?”

“Well, I just wanted to talk. We haven’t hung out in a really long time and all but if you’re busy . . .”

“I’m not busy at all.” She told him with a nervous grin. “Did you hear everything?”

“Fortunately for us, no. I’m sure you wouldn’t have wanted me to hear and I definitely don’t want to know what you were talking about.” Harry responded with a crooked grin.

“Thank you.” She said with a small grin.

“Hermione, I was wondering if you were doing anything this week.”

“Not that I know of . . . why?”

“Well, I was hoping the four of us could hang out like old times.”

“Four?” She asked and immediately frowned. “You mean you, Ginny, me, and Ron?”

“Hermione, I know you two are—“

“Harry, I’m sorry but I can’t. We’re far too damaged for repair and . . . besides, we ended on bad terms.”

“I was just hoping I could spend Christmas with my two best friends together . . . not just one.” Harry said with a sad grin.

“Harry—“ She said as she felt a pang of guilt.

“No, it’s okay. I’m sorry for suggesting that. I’ll just leave you to whatever you were doing.”

“Harry—“

“It’s fine, Hermione.” Harry said with a small grin as he walked out of the room.

Hermione let out a deep sigh as she frowned deeper. “Great . . .” She breathed out and placed her hand on her forehead, sighing. She licked her dry lips and quickly ran out of the room, trying to reach Harry when she suddenly bumped into him. “Harry?” She asked with astonishment.

“Ten seconds, Hermione. Not too shabby, although it did worry me. I thought you weren’t coming out of there.” He said with a sly grin.

“You knew I was going to come out, didn’t you?” She asked as she slightly punched him in the arm.