Chapter 6-Daddy issues

Începe de la început

Kora's POV

I woke up feeling so peaceful and rested. I felt like I just woke up from one of those naps that make you feel like you died.

I looked around the room wondering where Evan was. I wanted to tell him about how well I slept, but then I heard the shower running. I stretched a bit, taking my time in this extremely comfortable bed.

I waited to see if Evan was going to exit the shower anytime soon and when he didn't, I left to take a shower of my own.

When I entered my room, I was attacked by Piper.

"You're okay, right?" She asked.

"What? Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I was confused about what she went. She had a concerned look in her eyes. And she usually looks concerned, so now it was even more scary.

"Well because I left you there with Mr. C and I was afraid he might do something but you seemed so comfortable and I didn't want to wake you up." She spoke so fast I barely understood her words.

"Piper." I put my hands on her shoulders and gave her a reassuring squeeze. "Don't worry, okay? He might be an asshole but he wouldn't hurt me. Well not physically." I said the last part in my head. I shrugged and gave her a big smile. "I'm fine."

"Okay. Right. Well, I packed your bags because I didn't know how late you would be here." She smiled unsure of how I would react to her touching my stuff.

"Thanks a lot. I'll just take a shower and then we can go have breakfast."

When we got on the bus, we were the last ones to enter and the only sits empty were next to Peter who was eagerly waiting for Piper to sit there. I puked a little in my mouth when I saw how fake his smile looked. I was sorry Piper couldn't see it too.

The other empty seat was next to a brooding Evan who didn't even flinch when I took a sit next to him. I rolled my eyes at his behavior. What did Kora do now?

"Hey." I greeted but he didn't respond which I, personally, found extremely impolite. So, I took his earphones off and put them in my pocket. Now he had to talk to me. Or at least listen.

"Seriously?" He whisper-yelled looking at me with a lot of anger. If it would have been any other sane person, they would have given him the earphones back and apologized. But instead, I ignored him completely sporting a smirk on my face. I was in the mood to fuck around.

"Give them back." He warned. A vein on his forehead was pulsing and he started to get red.

"Naah." I shrugged. "Where's the fun in that?" I grinned.

He took deep breaths and kept his fists balled at his sides until he gained some kind of control.

"What do you want, Kora?" He asked. He leaned back in his seat and waited for me to be done with my games. But I was only getting started.

"Actually, I want to sit by the window." I told him and grinned.

He was about to refuse me, staring at me like I was a spoiled child. But then he gave up and we changed seats, which seemed to displease him a great deal, but I didn't really care. Like the diva I was, I put my legs in his lap and smiled at him like nothing had happened. He shoved them off of him and I immediately put them back. We were both staring at each other waiting for the other to give up. And of course, it was Evan who gave up. He always acts like the better man. Sweet, mature Evan.

"You're mad at me. Again." I stated. He just stared at me. "Why?"

"I'd rather die than try to reason with you again." He sighed. This remark earned an honest laugh from me. He was so dramatic.