t w e n t y - s i x

Começar do início

I knew as soon as he finished with law school, he would be the person I had on retainer. He's not in it for the money alone, he has the best interest at heart for his people too. Hard to come by man. I still don't tell this nigga none of my street business though. There isn't really a need to. Well that and I don't feel like hearing him preach about helping poison our community. I know I'm living foul, I don't need nobody else pointing out my flaws.

"You know they tried to set yo' ass up huh? At the very least, get you on the laws radar." He says to me.

"Let me know what's up." I tell him.

"The station was called and told that there was suspicious activity involving your car. Somebody called up there, and told them that you were seen putting a large amount of drugs in yo' car. Claimed they saw white stuff wrapped in clear packaging. They gave yo' physical description, the description of yo' car, and location. They were told that they believed you were going to be transporting the drugs in yo' car. They sent out over the police radio the same info, and the closest patrol car to you responded."

"Damn. That shit crazy." I rub my chin in thought. And to think if Arique didn't sense some shit wasn't right, I would've serving some heavy time.

"The reason I think they were jus' tryna put you on the laws radar, is because they didn't find shit but that lil sack you had. But why go through all that trouble over a few rocks?" He shakes his head. "Must've been one of the white neighbors in the apartment complex."

"Shit, prolly." I just soak up the information he was giving me. I know what it is though, nigga trying to take me out the game man. For what though? Nigga is my closest homie.

"What you doin' slangin' rocks anyway, my nigga? I thought you was passed that."

"I don't fuck with any type of hardcore drugs, Twan, I only smoke weed occasionally." I let him know.

He smirks before answering, "keep it that way. Shit if you can, don't even tell nobody you do that." He laughs out. Antione isn't dumb, he knows how I live. But, we have a mutual agreement on the less anyone knows, the better it'll be.

"You know me." I dap him up.

"Stay that way, bro. As you can see, nigga's ain't solid." He says. Antoine understands how the streets work, even if he doesn't agree, he respects the operation of it all. He's slowly working toward trying to change it. If he can turn at least one person away from the streets, he feels accomplished. His words, not mine.

"Already." I end the conversation there. I hear him loud and clear.

We ride in a comfortable silence for another ten minutes before we pull up at the apartments. "Aight, I'ma catch you bro." I dap him up as he pulls up to Arique's building.

"Already. Stay low, and remember you gotta turn yo'self in Monday. Don't have me look bad bruh."

"I got'chu. You looked out for me, Twan so I'll take my shit to the chin. It's lil bullshit anyway." I clap him up. "Be safe, bro. Make sure ain't nobody watching you leave here man." I joke with him.

"Already." He laughs and pulls off after I get out.

I immediately walk over to Arique's apartment trying not to be seen. I knock still hoping like hell that he is here. After a few minutes, I knock again. After still receiving no answer, I walk over to Joshua's place and hope that he is home. I go ahead and knock on my brothers door.

If my ass had'a been thinkin' I woulda looked for they cars in the parking lot before I hopped out of Twan's shit. I think to myself waiting. Thankfully, KiKi asks who's at the door. I tell her who it is and she lets me in with a surprised look on her face.