Chapter Eighteen: The Chamber of Secrets.

Start from the beginning

"Who are you?" asked Elysian, her wand poised to strike.

"She garments herself with a resilience, To even out the gloom of her troubles, For she has marks from previous struggles, These layers compliment her true brilliance," said the boy.

Elysian felt herself blush and she turned her head away for a moment until it was gone.

"You're the one who's been sending me those letters."

He nodded with a charming smile: "I am, my name is Tom Marvolo Riddle."

The name 'Marvolo', she knew it from somewhere. It was at the tip of her tongue as she stared at Tom. And then she remembered.

"Marvolo? As in Marvolo Gaunt, the last known heir of Slytherin," Elysian connected. "You're the heir of Slytherin!" Tom's eyes widened in shock and awe. "You're Lord Voldemort."

"Regretfully, not in this form," said Tom, gesturing to his ghostly from.

Elysian was now standing, ignoring Ginny, and her wand had been placed into her pocket.

"Are you going to kill me?"

"No," he dismissed. "I don't see the need to waste such potential simply because of your blood relationship with Harry Potter. It is he that I want dead, not you... Actually I was rather hoping that you would join me."

Elysian tilted her head.

"Why?"

"Why not?" Tom began. "From Ginny's memories, I know how your family have been treating you. Their cruelty towards you and all those you stand beside is poisonous. If you were to join me, not only could you be rid of them, you'd be able to take everything from them as well as all those who stood beside them. Do you agree?"

She thought for a moment, going through the pros and cons within her mind and felt herself begin to smirk.

"Alright, I agree."

Suddenly, the Chamber began to shake and the floor at the centre of the chamber, just behind Ginny, opened, revealing a statue of Salazar Slytherin, which rose. Both Tom and Elysian watched in shock as the statue's mouth began to move.

"Elysian Lillian Potter," the statue called. "My heiress in all but blood, the Right of Conquest has been accepted and has named you the Heiress of Slytherin."

"Me? But I didn't defeat Voldemort," said Elysian, confused and startled.

"Your information is incorrect," said the statue. "It was you who defeated my previous heir. Sirius Black cast a spell upon you before he was taken from you. His magic combined with your own, as well as your Veela heritage and the Gryffindor Heiress magic created a barrier that was so strong, the Killing Curse could not penetrate it."

"I'm the child of the Prophesy..."

The statue disappeared once again, leaving Tom and Elysian in silence. Rage overtook Tom and, for a moment, he contemplated killing Elysian to have his title returned, only for a moment. Then, a plan began to form within his mind, a plan that would require Elysian to work.

"I have a plan," said Tom, catching Elysian's attention. "I want you to formally accept the title of Lady Slytherin. I believe Dumbledore has been using me seats in your stead, believing that he had the right to them due to Harry's right of Conquest. I then wish for you to nominate either Lucius Malfoy or Augustus Rockwood as your proxy."

Elysian could see the logic in this movement. Slytherin was a powerful name and held a load of power within the Wizmagots. Taking it from Dumbledore would cripple his control monumentally but not obviously.