Chapter Seventeen: Duelling and Polyjuice

Start from the beginning

It didn't help that Elysian had had her magical guardian changed so that her parents no longer had any rights to her at all.

"I'll be right out," said Elysian.

Immediately, Pansy and Daphne released Elysian's hair and the boys nearest rushed to help her up before she gracefully exited the common room. The other Slytherins then created a barrier in front of the doorway so that Ginny couldn't follow. Professor Snape just shook his head at his snakes before walking out and heading towards his quarters, he had a lot of thinking to do tonight.

Hermione was waiting by the statue of a silver snake, her hands fidgeted and she looked ready to run at any given moment. This was a very unusual reaction for Hermione but Elysian assumed that she simply didn't want to be caught by Ginny or anyone who didn't play for Elysian's side.

"What's wrong?" Elysian asked.

"Harry and Ronald are going to use Polyjuice potion to break into the Slytherin common room and question Draco," said Hermione in a rush. "They believe he is the heir of Slytherin."

"That is completely impossible! The Slytherin Line have never left Britain while the Malfoy line if French."

"It is?" Hermione gaped.

"Yeah," she nodded, "thank you for the warning, Hermione, I'll make sure to tell our lot to keep an eye out."

"Thank Merlin," Hermione breathed.

"Goodbye Hermione," Elysian smirked.

"Right."

Elysian waited a few more minutes before turning around to leave the corridor when suddenly she heard something. It was the same voice as before, except it was right above her and seemed to be following her. Fear was the only emotion she could feel but before Elysian could even think of getting away, something wrapped itself around her waist and pulled. The only thing she could see was the slight green shimmer of some scales.

Then there were two yellow eyes.

~EP~

Tom Marvolo Riddle stared at the sleeping Elysian Potter with a raised eyebrow. How was it that she hadn't died from staring Hira – the Basilisk – in the eye? How was it that she had remained completely unscathed that night he had lost everything? How was it that she seemed so alone? Perhaps they were more similar then he once realised. He was still looking through the eyes of Ginny Weasley at this point but he knew that soon he would have his body back and, perhaps, Elysian would be willing to stand beside him in this way.

~EP~

Elysian woke up in the infirmary with a splitting headache and flowers surrounding the bed. Professor Snape and Headmaster Dumbledore were whispering back and forth while glancing at her. She could barely remember the past five minutes and yet immediately knew that the writing on the wall was somehow tied to it. Neither Professor seemed to notice that she was awake, not that Elysian cared, but they did seem intent on waiting for her to wake up.

"Miss Potter!" the 'grand-fatherly' voice of Dumbledore cried. "Do you know what happened to you?"

"What do you mean sir?" asked Elysian, her eyes wide with perfected innocence.

"Well your dorm mates found you unconscious in the middle of the corridor under another message," he prodded.

"I have no idea how that happened, sir," said Elysian honestly. Suddenly an idea sprung to mind, it may not work completely but it would allow her plans to come to fruition. "Sir, the last thing I remember was seeing Ronald Weasley and my brother charging into a girls toilet, I believe the one housing Myrtle, and when I went to follow them, Ronald hit me with a spell."

Snape's face began twisting with barely contained rage as Dumbledore's eyes stopped twinkling. Elysian could feel pressure on her mental shields – she had been learning Occlumency and Legillimancy since the incident with the barrier – and immediately threw up a forged memory for the Headmaster to see. She knew that neither Ronald nor Harry would be punished but it would allow Snape to look in the bathroom and see the potion they had been concocting.

"I shall investigate," Snape sneered.

Dumbledore looked like he wanted to stop Snape but was unable as the potions professor had already left the room. The Headmaster seemed to glare at Elysian before Poppy rushed out of her office and ushered him away.

Elysian knew that he had been aware of their little potion, she also knew that they were going to use a hair from her head for Hermione. A smirk formed on her lips as she was released from the infirmary and she watched Harry and Ronald glare at her, hatefully, as they were dragged past by Snape and McGonagall. She gave them a slight, mocking, wave before heading back towards the Slytherin Common room with a skip in her step. Her brother truly needed to learn: she was always ten steps ahead.

~EP~

Professor Lockhart had begun a Duelling Club – which Elysian and all the Slytherins had been forced to attend as it was compulsory – and was making a rather large show of himself. It was a relief to every Slytherin there when Snape appeared and Lockhart said about a demonstration.

"I'll make you a bet that Snape crushes him before he can even get the first spell out," whispered Elysian.

"You're on!" Daphne and Draco whispered back.

Both of them were soon handing over a galleon each as they watched Lockhart try and bluff his way out of the defeat.

"Mr Potter, Weasley, come here," said the Professor.

"Weasley's want causes destruction with the simplest of spells. He'll send Mr Potter to the hospital wing in a bag. Perhaps, someone from my own house?" All of the Snakes turned towards Elysian who was smirking. "Miss Potter."

"Ah, brother vs sister. Just like Cain and Abel," said the Professor as Snape helped Elysian onto the stage.

"What?" Harry asked.

"Cain and Abel. Two brothers who fought over love, Abel was beloved by God –"

"Then I guess I'm Abel," he smirked.

"Fine by me. Cain killed Abel," said Elysian, her wand in perfect position as she gave him a cold smile.

The duel began quickly and Elysian immediately realised that she was outmatched magically – her core wasn't as big as Harry's since he was born first and gained most of their mother's magic – so decided to switch tactics. Summoning a snake was enough to knock Harry off of his game... until he began to speak with it. That wasn't even the worst part... she could understand every word. Snape banished the snake before anything could happen, but the damage was already done, everyone had heard Harry speak to snakes.