"You mean..." I take a shaky breathe. "Even Goyo... Totoo ba?"

"Isn't it?" The two laughs as Isidro continues, "I've already set my character. New teacher sa school na ito."

"So... when? Goyo, Enteng, and the others?"

"The merging of the system will still take a very long time. Hindi ko masabi for certain exactly when. The process might take perhaps a month, a year, ten years... or maybe even longer. Pero, what's the difference between that game world and this one, right? Kung hindi natin pinaghirapan, and if we give up easily, kahit saang mundo pa tayo, hindi tayo magtatagumpay."

I nod. "I understand. Kahit kailangan ko pa maghintay ng matagal na panahon, I better continue leading my life well in this world. Maghihintay ako kahit hanggang sa katapusan. Kahit isang laro lang ito, and I'm just a game character, hindi ako susuko."

"Remember yung sinabi ko sa iyo?"

"Hmm?"

"Na kapag natapos mo yung game, you will obtain the most valuable gift."

I almost forget about it, being so focus with the mission of the game. "Oh, yes! I remember! Matutupad ba iyon?"

Isidro smiles at me. "You have already obtained it?"

I blink. "Talaga?"

"The gift is called..." His smile widens. "Unrelenting courage."

I blink again at him. "Huh?"

The two of them laugh.

# # #

It had been about three years and a half since that time that I've encountered the strange game of Revolución Filipina ng Batang Heneral. In a twist of coincidences, I traveled back to and from it with the lone mission of finishing it. I didn't realized that in between will be of friends along the way, learning history as I've never done before, and finding someone that gives me the confidence to be a better person. And then I learned that even the world I am living in is just part of a game... and it continues, because the game creators themselves wanted to see this world of mine continue. And even integrated characters from the Revolución Filipina itself as modern characters.

But after three years, I haven't met one who've been involved with the game. Well, except for Isidro himself. Perhaps, in a world with billions of people, the possibility of meeting everyone is too small, right? Perhaps, fate is yet to do its work, as the game in here just continues moving on with endless possibilities.

During the few remaining weeks before my graduation that time, my interest with history perks. I continue exploring more of it, and it draws me closer to Gregory and Isidro upon telling me the stories of the real world. And even upon graduation, we remain in contact with one another as we continue in our pursuit to find the characters of the Revolución Filipina.

A few weeks before Christmas, I receive a message from the two of them.

"Care to join up in a hike?" they ask.

After clearing my schedule, I join them. It appears that it is not only us but there are others. Even Via is part of the group. Only when the tour guide had mentioned that the hike had been originally in honor of today's date.

"Hindi mo nahalata?" the two of them ask me.

It isn't like I didn't recognize the date. It's just, since that first year of being reminded by that, I try to forget it. Despite making peace of it, I still remember that Death itself had separated us. So remembering it is like remembering that he is dead, and will not be present at the integration of the game with this world as they've mentioned.

Hindi ko ineexpect na makakarating ako ng Tirad, I thought, the very moment that the tour guide had told us to stop for a second at where the statue of Goyo astride his horse is as a memorial mark.

It appears history in my time doesn't change. In this world's history, Tirad Pass still happened. After all, it is just the characters from such game that will be integrated here. Like, a 'what-if' if they live in this time. Something like that.

The others tell me that they'll be trailing the way up with the tour guide's permission, and I tell them that I'll follow since it so happens that there are more tourist on this day. I ask them to wait for me on top. When they're gone, I look up at the statue, finding flaws on the statue that differs him from the Goyo that I know in the game. There is no doubt that he is incredibly handsome, young and steadfast expression. As I trail my eyes on the statue, I notice the familiar ring that he has, and it somehow surprises me.

I immediately pull the necklace I've been wearing since that time, unlock its chain and and lift up the ring close to the statue's. And without doubt, it is the same ring as what I have with me. And it starts to be all roughly coincidences again. The realization seems to hit mo so hard that the ring slips off my fingers, rolling to the ground that I immediately race to take. Following it with sight, it stops rolling when it hits some stranger's sneakers.

I am about to take it but the stranger immediately crouches low and takes it in between his fingers. And I look up to see the face of the man. Familiar despite how only his side profile is all I see. He bites a laughter as he holds the ring closely all the while looking at the statue. The familiar voice sparks everything, all at once, into the dream I've wished before that in a different time, we could've met and fall in love.

"Sabi nila, kamukha ko raw. Pero, mukha namang hindi." He turns to me as his lips break into that charming smile that captivated too many women of his time—and me, in the past, the future, or today, or whatever time of his life we may be. He draws closer to me, takes my hand on his as he slips the ring onto my finger. "Mas gwapo pa rin ako sa personal, ano, Pendejo?"

• FIN •

* * *

Last A/N available to be read in the next chapter under A/N (15 July 2020).