Chapter Fourteen: Mudbloods and Murmurs

Bắt đầu từ đầu

When they arrived at the pitch, Elysian felt her heart hammer with joy as she watched the Gryffindor team turn pale and then red from rage as Oliver Wood came barrelling towards them. Both Elysian and Draco had been sequestered in the back of the group so didn't see much but they heard everything.

"Flint!" Wood bellowed at the Slytherin Captain. "This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now!"

"Plenty of room for all of us, Wood."

Elysian could feel the smugness coming off Flint in waves as Wood huffed and puffed.

"But I booked the pitch! I booked it!"

"Ah," said Flint. "but I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape. I, Professor S. Snape, give Slytherin team permission to practise today on the Quidditch pitch, owing to the need to train their new Seeker and Chaser."

"You've got new players?" said Wood, distracted. "Where?"

It was then that the Slytherin's moved out of the way and both Elysian and Draco stepped forward. Harry's eyes widened in shock and Wood immediately went very pale. It seemed that someone had let Wood know that it was Elysian who had designed the tactics that had almost destroyed them several times over. The smugness of the Slytherin team increased at their fear and Elysian noticed that Fred and Gorge were doing very well in keeping their masks in place.

"Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's Son?" asked Fred, pretending not to know Draco.

"Funny you should mention Draco's father," said Flint. "Let me show you the generous gift he's made to the Slytherin team." All seven of them held out the brooms and watched as the Gryffindors turned very pale and blenched. "Very latest model. Only came out last month. I believe it outstrips the old 2000 series by a considerable amount. As for the old Cleansweeps," he smiled nastily at the twins, "sweeps the board with them."

"Oh look," said Elysian. "A pitch invasion."

Ronald and Hermione were crossing the grass to see what was going on.

"What's happening?" Ronald asked Harry. "Why aren't you playing? What are they doing here?"

"I'm the new Slytherin Seeker, Weasley, and Elysian's the new Chaser," said Draco, smugly. "Everyone's just been admiring the brooms my father's bought our team."

Ronald gaped, open-mouthed, at the seven superb broomsticks in front of him.

"Good, aren't they?" said Draco smoothly. "But perhaps the Gryffindor team will be able to raise some gold and get new brooms, too. You could raffle off those Cleansweep Fives, I expect a museum would bid for them."

The Slytherin team howled with laughter and Elysian sent Hermione a subtle nod to let her know it was time to play her part. She, Draco and the twins had practiced this exact interaction many times – though usually Elysian wasn't actually on the team – so it was very simple.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," said Hermione sharply. "They got in on pure talent."

It was then that Draco said the line they had been training out of him for weeks.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood," he spat.

Elysian pulled Draco back and grinned at the chaos those words had caused. Hermione was doing an excellent job of seeming upset while Ronald was foaming at the mouth and holding his wand in front of him. A loud bang echoed around the stadium and a jet of green light shot out the wrong end of Ronald's wand, hitting him in the stomach and sending him reeling backwards onto the grass.

"Ron! Ron! Are you all right?" squealed Hermione.

Ron opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead he gave an almighty belch and several slugs dribbled out of his mouth.

The Slytherin team were paralysed with laughter as the Gryffindor team surrounded Ronald, trying to keep him from sight. Flint was doubled over with laughter, his broom being the only thing to keep him standing as the Gryffindor's rushed away.

Their practice was brutal in Elysian's opinion as, even though she was basically the most important Slytherin, the boys didn't pull any punches and the bludgers were coming hard and fast. She couldn't stop the worry rising in her chest every time she barley avoid one of those head smashing balls or got hit by one of the boys brooms so they could test how sturdy she was on a broom. Once practice was over, Draco had almost killed Elysian with the tight hug he had forced Elysian into before Elysian pulled her along to the team showers.

Elysian, obviously, was the first to shower alone and then the boys went in. The moment Draco was out the two of them set out to the library where Hermione would be waiting for them as she was every other day. Elysian wanted to talk about their perfect success of a plan and they needed a plan for the next meeting. Whilst they were walking down the corridor, Elysian suddenly felt a cold sting down the back of her neck as she heard a dark and sinister voice calling out.

"Come... come to me... let me rip you ... let me tear you... let me kill you," the voice hissed.

Draco raised an eye brow at Elysian but she said nothing and quickly continued walking. Whatever that voice was, Elysian didn't want anything to do with it.