Chapter Twelve: Poor Whomping Willow.

Start from the beginning

Molly looked extremely confused as she watched Elysian leave the room. Elysian smirked as she made her way back over to Hermione who was hiding in the nearby passage waiting for her – Potter manor had many hidden passageways of which Elysian had made all of her friends aware, just encase – and smiled happily. Elysian soon lead Hermione into her room and the two spoke for over an hour until it was time for Hermione, Harry and Ron to return to the Burrow where Harry had been staying for the last two weeks.

"I'll see you at Hogwarts," Elysian smiled.

"Good luck," Hermione whispered before stepping through the fireplace.

~EP~

The next morning, Lily and James forced Elysian to stand beside them as they marched down towards Platform nine and three quarters. The Weasley's and Harry were waiting for them and seemed to be very annoyed at the lateness of the remaining Potters. Lily and James quickly went through the barrier and were followed by the Weasley's – sans Ronald – leaving Harry and Elysian and Ron all alone on the platform.

Muggles ran towards them and soon they were surrounded as they began making excuses. Ronald realised quickly that they had no way to get to Hogwarts and the train had just left the station.

"Harry!" said Ron, his eyes gleaming. "The car!"

"What about the car?"

"We can fly the car to Hogwarts!"

"But I thought –"

Harry nodded and moved towards the door, only to turn around when he noticed Elysian wasn't following them.

"Aren't you coming?" asked Harry, his tone eerily similar to James'.

"To join you and Ronald on a suicide mission that will break the statues of secrecy and possibly land you an expulsion? Nope."

Elysian snorted in amusement as her brother ran off to the flying car whilst Elysian decided to be smarter about it. She pulled her trolley towards a nearby bench and sat down, doing her best to ignore the people staring at her with curiosity and pity – probably thinking she had missed a train or her parents had left her by accident. She didn't even need to turn around when she heard the familiar pop of a house-elf landing behind her.

"So, how did you accomplish this?" asked Elysian, doing her best to remain quiet.

"It was not hard for Dobby to find how to break the spell. This a better plan?" Dobby asked, his tiny voice barely audible over the normal hustle and bustle of the station.

"Indeed," Elysian nodded, "however, you do see your error, correct? There are other ways of getting to Hogwarts then just a train."

"Dobby did not think of this," hissed Dobby, more at himself than Elysian.

This time, she did hear the pop as he disappeared from his hiding place, leaving Elysian to wait for someone to retrieve her.

She only had to wait a few hours before a very familiar woman came storming through the station, red-hair blazing much like the Scottish fire that was raging inside her. Amelia Bones was utterly terrifying, so much so that everyone immediately parted – like Mosses and the Red Sea except far more aggressive and stiffer – and scattered from her sight if she even glanced in their direction.

The second Amelia caught sight of Elysian, sitting patiently on the bench with all of her supplies, her demeanour softened – only slightly – and she strode towards her with gesturing for Aurors to keep looking around, just in case there were others.

"Heiress Potter, may I enquire to what has occurred here?" said Amelia, formally.

"Of course, Madam Bones. The barrier closed before myself, Ronald Weasley and Harry could enter. Ronald then remembered his father's enchanted car and saw fit to drag Harry into flying it to school, I remained out of it as I didn't wish to die in the process."

Elysian could have sworn she saw smoke billowing from Amelia's ears.

"I see. Well, I shall take you to Hogwarts personally, I'll have one of my aurors send a message to Professor Snape so he can meet us."

"Thank you, Madam."

"Come along."

They moved to a secluded area and apparated. Amelia and Elysian ended up just outside the gates where Professor Snape was waiting for them with his usual look of displeasure. He thanked Amelia for dropping her off and then ushered Elysian inside. The feast had already started and so Snape quickly excused her.

"Thirty points to Slytherin for using your head and not following your brother's lead," said Snape quietly.

"Thank you, sir," said Elysian.

"Now, I believe we should wait for your brother and his friend. Shall we?"

"I would say so..."

It wasn't at all the triumphant arrival they had pictured, that much Elysian could assume. Stiff, cold and bruised, they entered the hallway where Elysian and Professor Snape were waiting for them. Professor Snape had already told her not to join the feast though and so she was free to watch her brother and his friend become really embarrassed.

"I think the feasts already started," said Ron dropping his trunk.

"Hang on..." Harry muttered. "There's an empty chair at the staff table... Where's Snape?"

"Maybe he's ill!" said Ron hopefully.

"Maybe he's left," said Harry. "Because he missed out on the Defence Against the Dark Arts job again!"

"Or he might have been sacked!" said Ron. "I mean, everyone hates him –"

"Or maybe," Professor Snape snarled as he and Elysian came into view. "he's waiting to hear why you two didn't arrive on the school train." He stared at them. "Follow me. Elysian, you may return to the Slytherin dorms."

"Thank you, sir," Elysian smiled.

"How did you get here before us?"

"That's for me to know and for you to dot, dot, dot," Elysian grinned before slipping into the dungeon passageway and making her way towards her common room.

Suddenly a shockwave was sent through her as Elysian grabbed the nearest wall to steady herself. Something dark had just entered the castle, something dark and dangerous. Her mind was reeling for the power it was giving out and only one thing could come to mind.

This year at Hogwarts would change her world forever...

This Chapter is dedicated to A Harry Potter Nerd/Heidi5360 who has generously offered to make a trailer for this book which I will link the moment it is published on Youtube. I hope your all going to support the video and give them all of the love they deserve for doing such an amazing thing for me and this story.