Chapter Nine: The Worst Birthday.

Start from the beginning

"Miss'," her elf, Tiana, popped into her room holding a sack filled with several packages wrapped in a myriad of beautiful colours, "yous friends bought yous some gifts."

Tiana gently placed them down on Elysian's bed and scanned them with elf magic before popping away to prepare some breakfast. Smiling, Elysian felt tears well up in her emerald eyes as she gazed down at the presents: this was the first time she'd ever had actual presents on her birthday! Sure, the twins would attempt to give her gifts, as would Neville, but it wasn't the same. This was probably the best day of her life, though she knew it wouldn't last long.

Ares chuffed at her, getting up and jumping onto her lap, he licked her cheek and purred before sauntering into his crate and returning to bed. Elysian could have sworn that he was glaring at the Sun but chose not to comment and instead, she focused on her presents.

There were at least six boxes in front of her: the top one was small with bright yellow paper; the two in the middle were medium-sized and were wrapped in gold and red paper; the two just below were large and wrapped in dark green paper and the last was a massive box covered in silver paper. From the colours alone it was easy to see whose was whose and a warm buzz flooded through her senses causing her to grin and immediately grab the top present.

Neville had given her a beautiful diamond potion set – which was very rare and expensive unless you knew where to look – each vial would magically tell anyone looking at them what was contained inside, so Elysian wouldn't need to label things again. Fred had gotten her some instant darkness powder – "Great for a quick getaway," the note had read – and George had gotten her another snow globe which she immediately put right next to the first one – on her desk under an elf invisibility charm. Draco had gotten Elysian a massive stack on books on varying topics, from Potions to Dark Arts books that had been enchanted so that the covers were hidden. Daphne had given her some beautiful jewellery – all in silver and green – that she'd placed carefully into her trunk so that they wouldn't be damaged.

The last gift, and the biggest, was from Blaise – who was in Italy with his mother – and it was a multi-compartment trunk, like her own but this one was top of the line and had multiple enchantments woven into the expensive wood.

Elysian chuckled: "Blaise never could help showing everyone up."

Carefully, Elysian placed all of her new gifts inside her new trunk and activated the invisibility spell the trunk had been made with. When she was sure that no one would be able to see it – and she'd be able to find it again – Elysian grabbed her favourite pair of trousers and her one-sleeved top before going into the bathroom for a lovely shower.

When she finally left her room, after making sure that none of her 'family' was waiting outside, Elysian was immediately confronted by a tiny elf holding a beautiful letter for her in its hand. she accepted the letter with a smile and pulled it open, instantly recognising Madam Longbottom's neat scrawl.

The letter read:

Dear, Heiress Elysian Potter of House Potter,

Heir Longbottom and I would be delighted to invite you to attend the formal Birthday Celebration held at Longbottom Manor this afternoon. It is recommended to bring at least three pairs of clothing as there will be a non-formal party, a formal party and then a ball where those of standing shall be in attendance.

Yours,

Regent Longbottom.

Silently, Elysian thanked the Longbottom Matriarch for saving her and giving her such a formal letter – which was impossible for her parents to deny due to House Longbottom and House Potter being allies – as it would save her from the Hell she was probably about to be thrown into. Calling Tiana forward, the young elf was ecstatic when Elysian told her about the three outfits and immediately popped away to pick out the dresses and jewellery.