Chapter Four: The Potions Master.

Start from the beginning

He then turned, his cape billowing behind him, and walked out with Elysian trotting along behind him. She would never admit it, but she was slightly afraid of the Potions Master in front of her: she had been told the stories of what the Marauders used to do to Professor Snape and immediately realised that she was likely to be tared with the same brush her parents were. He could either end up ruining every plan she had ever constructed or become her greatest ally in the events to come.

Professor Snape led her up a set of stairs and into a very dark office with only the bare essentials inside. He motioned for her to take a seat before taking one himself and giving her a look that she swore made it so he could see into her soul. Neither of them spoke for several minutes and Elysian couldn't stop fidgeting from nerves.

"Heiress Elysian Potter," he spat her last name with such venom that she visibly recoiled, "welcome to the snakes pit. I understand that you've already had trouble with your fellow snake and I am... glad... you took the action you did. Now, remain still."

Elysian did as instructed and remained completely still as Professor Snape pulled out his wand and waved it over her. She visibly swallowed as his face contorted in confusion.

"Is everything alright?" she asked softly.

"How often have you been to a healer?" the question was very random but Elysian answered anyway.

"Once... when I was a baby."

"Before or after the events of Halloween?"

"Before."

"And never again afterwards?" he continued prodding.

"Yes... Li-mum," she forced, "and Ja-dad took great care of me."

His eyes narrowed and Elysian knew she had been caught. She couldn't allow him to take her away from them yet, it would ruin everything! He seemed to sense it was something she didn't want to speak to him about and spoke no more. Instead he pulled open the draw of his desk and pulled out four potions which Elysian immediately recognised as nutrition potions.

"Take these every day for the next four days and then return to me for more," he ordered.

"Yes sir," Elysian agreed grabbing one of the potions and drinking it under his watchful gaze. "Is that all?"

"For now, Heiress Potter," said Professor Snape. Then his voice softened. "You can come to me whenever you need me. I take care of my snakes."

"Thank you, sir."

Getting up, Elysian left the room as quickly as she could as the next person went inside. She was soon found by Daphne and Draco and the three dived into a deep discussion about their classes and what they hoped they would be taking. Draco could tell something that his godfather had said had shaken Elysian and silently swore he would find out: she was his sister in all but blood and he would protect her like she did him.

"Come on," said Daphne with a tense smile, "the prefects are leading us to breakfast."

Silently, the three friends made their way towards the Great Hall. Elysian was constantly glancing around, memorising the castle and all of its hallways for later. Most of Slytherin were crowded around them and the elder years were being very careful not to allow any of their fellow students to wander off. Crabe and Goyle were trotting behind Draco, like usual, and were getting easily confused by all the twists and turns the Slytherins had to take in order to get out of the dungeons and to the Great Hall.