Chapter One: Diagon Alley

Comenzar desde el principio

She had a list, actually, of the reasons she hated Ronald Weasley. His eating habits were the top of the list: the boy had no manners and would shovel food into his gob like it was his first meal after months of starvation. He didn't care that crumbs and other scraps covered his face and robes as well as the robes of anyone unfortunate enough to sit next to him, he didn't even close his mouth, nor did he swallow his food before talking! His attitude was another reason: he was severely bigoted and had an extreme hated for anything with even a microscopic amount of magic that wasn't classed as 'pure' within it; not to mention his hated of Slytherins. Just saying the name of the Hogwarts House sent Ronald into a rant about how 'evil' anyone whom had the 'misfortune' of being sorted into Slytherin was, how they would become 'Junior Death Eaters' and 'deserved to rot in Azkaban until they died.' Of course, he wasn't entirely to blame for such attitudes: his mother was largely to blame for such hideous opinions, but no one dared comment against Molly Ginevra Weasley – unless they wanted their own personal howler. Ronald's appearance, though his clothing weren't his fault, was another thing that revolted her: more often than she cared to think about, Elysian had spotted Ronald sporting a smear of mud on his cheek or dirt on his nose or food all over his face! What self-respecting boy, who claims to be a pure-blood, would ever wish for such a revolting image as that? How did Molly not immediately reprimand the boy as she did her youngest child and only daughter, Ginevra Molly Weasley?

Ginevra Weasley – the name brought a whole new set of emotions to Elysian's mind, none of them good – was the youngest of the Weasley clan and by far the 'apple of her parents eyes.' While the rest of the clan would wear recycled clothing until it fell apart and could no longer be 'reparoed' back together little, 'precious' Ginny was always getting new clothes; nothing expensive mind you but still new. She strutted around the manor like a peacock, clinging to Harry's arm like a life line, and fawning over everything. Elysian knew there was a betrothal contract between her twin brother and Ginny but that didn't give her a reason to be so clingy all the dam time.

Elysian felt so relieved that betrothal contracts now could only be written with the consent of the children – before Harry's 1st birthday that could be written by the parents alone which often led to unsuccessful marriages and, while divorce was frowned upon in Wizarding society, the husband and wife often splitting up and seeing other people. She knew that, if her 'parents' had had their way, she would have a betrothal contract set up between her and Ronald! As it stood Lily and James had already attempted to coax her into signing the contract on six occasions, the first three had been them trying to convince her to sign for the good of the family and the other three had them been trying to trick her into signing only for her to sign it with her wrong hand and for the contract to be annulled. Lily and James didn't seem to grasp that their daughter was a lot smarter than they thought, despite their lacklustre attempts to ban Elysian from the Potter family library.

Ah, the library Elysian's safe haven; she spent almost all of her time dancing between the shelves, taking out the largest books she could find and retreating to the top of the five-story tower to read them by candle light. She had read each book in the library at least six time and had practically memorized every word on those pages, all nine million six hundred seventy-two thousand nine hundred and twenty-eight to be exact. Her brother never dared set foot in the library, Elysian doubted that he had ever even picked up a book, and that's what made it such a magical place to Elysian. It was the one place in the house she could escape, runaway to far off lands where she no longer had to worry about her 'family' or the Weasleys. It was the one place she felt truly safe. James and Lily didn't even enter the library anymore.

They were far too busy standing in the spotlight along with the 'Chosen One' and Albus Dumbledore. Elysian had heard stories of her mother once being a loving and kind person but she could see no such traits in her mother; Lily Evans may have been a wonderful person, but Lily Potter was a shallow snob who cared only about herself and keeping her darling son happy, she had turned into her sister Petunia! James had no such story. According to Madam Longbottom, James Potter had always been a bully and trouble maker, having been the leader of a group known as the 'Marauders' and so his attitude towards her and others wasn't unexpected nor out of character. It was almost like no one cared that all three Potters were cruel people whom didn't deserve respect. No one saw what Elysian saw.