I took a few deep breaths, now reassured by my own reasoning, and this time I walked briskly to the door, and opened it with little hesitation.

  "Okay" I thought to myself, "Now I had to be quick, and I had to be quiet with what I was about to do."My eyes quickly darted from left to right; no zombies, good. Silently shutting the door behind me, I tiptoed to the nearest door next to my very own room door. The door belonged to room 759, and I gently nudged it open.

  I slowly peaked in, and I looked in shock at what I was met with: the chaos that had overturned this whole room. I pushed open the door to get a better look of the place, and all that came out of my mouth was an impressed, albeit fearful, "oh...oh my g..god".

  The patient's bed had been completely overturned, and the sheets were scattered across the floor. The sink had been trashed, and the wood floor had cracked where the sink was resting now; probably from the dampness of the water that may have leaked out. The mirror though, was absolutely obliterated, with bits and pieces of glass all over the place, and the frame of the mirror itself split in three. But perhaps most terrifying of all, were the claw marks on the blinds.

  Five distinct tears in the blinds of the window, each of the size and shape which made it more than easy to discover it's source. A zombie must have come here, and from the looks of everything, it seemed like the inhabitant of this room had done more than just put up a fight. I went closer to the window, and then I saw something terrifying which made me gasp in horror.

Blood stains...blood stains from the curtains to the floor.

I felt like screaming.

There had been a serious battle here. But there was no body.

I thought to myself for a moment, wondering how that was possible.

  "Do..do the zombies eat humans whole?" I thought to myself, cringing from disgust. That disgust very quickly turned in to fear. This whole room only showed how these undead nightmares were much more terrifying and merciless than I had actually thought. And I had never underestimated them.

"This is bad" I mumbled, now shaking even more, "Really, really bad."

  I didn't want to stay here any longer. This whole place was creeping me out. It was a nightmare. This was all a nightmare! I wanted to get out of this nightmare!

  "Calm down Zack!" I chided myself, "Listen to yourself. You're acting crazy! Do you want to end up like this person did?"

  I looked down. I was right. I hadn't stepped foot outside the hospital since I woke up. Who knew what horrors awaited me outside? Who knew what unspeakable dangers there were? I was lucky so far to not have a whole zombie horde after me! I had enough knowledge about zombie movies and such to know, that the moment someone made a mistake, they were done for.

  Right now I was on the edge of making those kinds of mistakes. And if I didn't stop I'd be no better than the man whose blood now stained the walls.

  I sighed, and walked out of the room, closing the door softly behind me. Room 759 was a failure. It was time to go to the next room.

  That was when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I doubled over in pain, and clenched my stomach tightly to try and ease the pain, but to no avail. It now seemed the change of clothes would have to wait.

"Great" I thought to myself, rather annoyed, "Now I need to find food for myself"

  And since I didn't know of a kitchen in the hospital, and was too scared to go find it, I'd have to go to the vending machines. I knew where those were of course, but that's what I feared about them now.