Chapter 1: Searching for someone

So... sorry for my horrid writing. Also, THIS STORY IS IN NO WAY REAL. I do not intend to hurt or offend the people mentioned in this story in any way at all (well not in real life anyways). However if something does offend someone please contact me (and give me a valid reason as to why it was offensive) and I'll work on removing it or fixing it.

WYB:

People feared him and he knew. He didn't want to be feared but sometimes being feared was a necessity. After all, how can one control a top-secret government operation without being feared?

Wang Yibo shuffled through the stacks of paper. Despite being one of the most powerful, rich and feared people in the country, people still seemed eager to work for him. As soon as he put out a job offer, resumes immediately started pouring in. Yibo had initially predicted that due to his cold façade and more than bad reputation, people would be more reluctant to apply for the job. Who would want to work for someone who was known for getting away with crimes? Wouldn't most people fear for their lives?

He sighed as he continued looking over the resumes. Some were well written and professional whilst others were less so. Wang Yibo wanted someone who could do this job efficiently. Someone who was hard working and determined. Someone young, his age maybe. He wanted someone he could talk to just for fun. A person who could be both a professional and a friend. He knew he was asking for a lot but, he had a lot of people to choose from. It shouldn't be too difficult right?

Soon it was too late to look any further. He had only gone through half of the stack and had already picked out what looked like 2 suitable, possible candidates. However, he wanted at least 3, preferably 4 before he started calling them in to be interviewed.

Yawning, as he distanced himself from his work desk, Wang Yibo pushed a door open before kicking it shut and collapsing onto his large king sized bed, too tired to change out of his work clothes.

—————o0o—————

Too soon, the sun rose and so did Yibo. No matter how tired he was, he couldn't slack off. This was something most people seemed to misunderstand when it came to riches and power. Even his friends themselves seemed to misunderstand.

'Can't you just slack off?' They asked. 'I mean you're definitely rich and powerful enough to just skip work.'

Wang Yibo sighed at the memory, wishing that such accusations were true and that he could slack off whenever he wanted. He walked towards the windows and pulled open the curtains. He lost himself, distracted by the warm, simple beauty of a sunrise. He absorbed the sun's golden rays, watching silently as they traveled at a slow steady pace across the vast lake. Every surface the light reached it reflected off of. Across the uneven surface of the lake especially, the rays dispersed into a thousand twinkling lights creating an image that was pure ethereal beauty.

There was a knock at the door and he was jolted back into reality.

'Sir, your breakfast is ready.' Richard, his butler, strode into the room in a posh and formal manner. 'Would you like me to bring it here or would you like to go downstairs today?'

Richard wasn't Chinese. He didn't grow up speaking mandarin and his accent was greatly influenced by his British heritage but that only added to his strict, upright and formal image.

'Put it in my study.' Yibo responded before drifting into the toilet half asleep.

—————o0o—————

'Rich' Yibo called out. 'Send out requests for the following people.' Yibo said handing him the papers.

'Ah... sir you won't be needing me as much after this..' Richard responded feigning disappointment.

'Of course I'll still need you.' Yibo argued. 'Personal Assistant or not, I'll always need you.'

'That's quite relieving sir.' Richard smiled a little before exiting the room with the papers in hand.

'I'll be going to work now.' Yibo called out after the retreating figure. 'You can clear up my breakfast.'

That's what he liked about Richard, Yibo smiled as he collected his things. He was one of the most formal and posh people Yibo knew but at the same time he still knew how to joke and play around.

Yibo grabbed his car keys before exiting the house.

—————o0o—————

It wasn't that he couldn't afford a driver. He could afford more than a driver but he preferred to be the one driving. For one he knew that he'd never purposely drive into a pole or something to endanger his life. He also knew that if he did get into an accident then at least it was on him and him alone, therefore any damage would be easier to deal with, legally. Plus he still had Richard who would sometimes drive him to and back from parties or meetings. Despite all of these 'excuses' he couldn't deny that ultimately, the reason why he refused to get a driver was due to his lack of trust in people. He preferred to be in control. Be the one behind the wheel, the driver, the captain, the person steering everything into the right direction.

He was a sad person and he knew it. He was a rich, powerful and seemingly well put together man, but he was lonely. Completely and utterly lonely. That fact alone made it impossible for him to enjoy such things.

Constructive criticism is appreciated! Please don't refrain from pointing out any errors in my writing. Also remember: THIS ISN'T REAL!!!! 

Also I'd like to say that a lot of the things mentioned in this chapter (mainly everything to do with WYB's thoughts) will be explained in later chapters.