"Oh my stars..."

"Clara, give me the communcator. I'm going to give it to, let him end his pain. I just need one thing in return," the Doctor said, turning to Hank, "leave this planet alone. Leave all other species alone. You are nothing but a parasite, and I refuse to allow you to continue." 

Hank moaned in response, causing Clara to flinch. Clara handed the communicator to the Doctor, who held onto it tightly in his left hand, still using the right to hold his screwdriver. Clara scrunched her face up with worry as Judy rushed into the room. 

"You think you can just break in here and pretend that you know what we are?" Judy yelled, getting into Clara's face. "You think that some bitch like you knows what we're going through? You stole from us, you broke into our home..." Judy trailed off as Clara grabbed her arm and threw it off of her shoulder. 

"You want to destroy my planet! Your home? You think that just because you bought a house and lived in it for however long that you can even call any place on this planet home? You have no goddamn right! I have lived here my entire life, and I know what the people here are capable of. Just because we have done some truly awful things, does not mean that we have not done a whole lot of good," Clara said back, her voice never wavering and not raising. She glared at the alien in front of her, refusing to stand down. 

"You and your little husband over here have no idea what being us really means. We were banished from our home, and forced to find someplace else to live. We're taking over this planet whether or not you like it because as soon as we do, we will be worshipped and respected once again by our people. Human beings are weak. Their judgment is clouded by sentimentality and forgiveness, something that our kind has never had the misfortune of experiencing." 

Hank moaned again, this time catching Judy's attention as she glared from Hank to The Doctor, and then to the communicator, almost as if she were trying to judge if she could steal it from The Doctor. 

"So, John tell me, how did you know we weren't human?" Judy asked the Doctor, moving closer to him, causing Clara to move closer to Judy. 

"Well, I'm not human either Judy," he began before turning away from the man lying in front of him, "Wait. Judy? Is that your real name? What's your real name?"

"My name is not of any importance. Is John your real name? What should I call you?" she countered, inching ever closer to the two men. 

"They call me The Doctor," he said, smirking when he saw the fear that planted itself in her eyes. 

"You're the Doctor? The Oncoming Storm? You? You're so frail and weak, and gangly," she said, moving up yet again. Clara reached her hand out and grabbed Judy's wrist. Judy whipped around and back-handed Clara across the face, causing Clara to gasp in surprise, but she held her grip on Judy's wrist. 

The Doctor jumped up and ran over to Judy holding his screwdriver up to her face. "You know why they call me the Oncoming Storm? What do I have left to lose, I'm the last of the Timelords. I've already killed so many and I honestly don't think that your blood on my hands will bang up my conscience too much. Especially when you hurt the person that I care about more than anything," he spat into her face, his face contorting with rage. 

"Doctor! What the hell are you doing?" Clara demanded, looking at the man in front of her with disbelief. 

"I'm getting the job done. I'm doing what I need to do. I am fixing the issue."

"You promised me humane, Doctor. You. Promised. What about the kids? Are we just gonna kill them too?" Clara said.

"The kids aren't real. They're a part of the disguise suits. It's only Judy and Hank. And she hurt you, Clara. I can't let that go unpunished," he said, loosening his grip on Judy. 

"Doctor, that slap was barely anything. Honestly. Can we just...place them somewhere where they can't leave? Lock them in a room in the TARDIS where they can just live out their lives, but away from us? Is that possible?" she asked, hope gleaming in her eyes as she came up with her new plan. 

The Doctor sighed, and looked over at her. He could see the hope in her eyes, and he thought about the option. It was possible, but he wasn't sure that he wanted them on his ship. He looked at his shoes and flinched slightly at the lie that poured out of his mouth, "No, Clara, we can't. I'm sorry." 

++++++++

Hey there! So I know, it has been what? Two months? Three months? Seventeen years? My sense of time has been really messed up lately. I apologize for the wait! I would love for you to let me know what you thought of the latest chapter, and if you're feeling generous, even hit that vote button. I appreciate all of the comments and reviews that I've gotten so far and they always brighten my day. 

My plan is that the next chapter will be the last one. It will more than likely be the last one. Maybe there will be an epilogue? I haven't decided for sure, so nothing is really set in stone. 

Thanks for reading! 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 10, 2015 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Nine Months, Twelve Days (Whouffle fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें