~He set my heart Aflame~

It was a white, cold, beautiful, soft, and fresh day. My first day of Christmas break came with a blanket of snow. It was soft, light, and fluffy. My little sister, Alex, and I wanted to play in the first snow of the winter before it melted.

"C'mon, Melonie", Alex yelled.

"Alex", I began," I am in my pjs"!

"SO", she hallard back while exited the house.

   The air was light, and it was very easy to breathe in. Alex picked up chunk of snow and chucked it at me. The frozen water chilled my arm but I was far more concerned about getting her back rather than running inside to grab a jacket.

We began to chase each other around our white yard, using the trees as body guards. While I was chasing Alex around with a snowball, a black blob came up behind me and grabbed my leg. I screamed and jumped up on the hood of the car.

Alex began to laugh...."Melonie, its just a puppy", she said while laughing.

it was a puppy!  It was small definately a mutt, but cute. The dog had black fur with huge paws and a head to match. But before either of us could lay our hands on it, he ran off.

"Alex, go get mom", I screamed.

Mom came out and we walked around the house. The puppy was playing with guy my age!! His mother was sitting down watching the puppy play. She sees us first and quickly jumps up to greet us.

"Hello Cathrine", she said, "is this your dog", she asked.

"No I thought it was yours", my mother asked.

"No, oh, this is my son, Jacob", she announced.

The boy heard his name, looked up and and walked over beside his mom.

"This is Jacob, he is here for Christmas break", she mumbled.

Oh my gosh, I began to think this is her son! He was cute black hair, longer but not too long, tall, and thin. He was wearing black pants and a leather jacket. And here I was in my snowmen pj pants and a tight tank top.

"And this is my daughter. Melonie..Melonie....Melonie" momed repeated trying to snap me out of my gaze.

"Oh," I said sheepishly," hey", I said with a smile and cheeks so red they matched my frost bit toes.

He gave a smile and a slight wave. And after a short chat about the dog Alex and I went back to our snowball fight while Jacob watched. 

For the next week we saw each other it was nothing but a slight smile and not an exchange of words.  At the end of the week he cared out these bags and began to load of the truck, and drove back to Florida.