Movie Soundtracks

Ok, I'm only just realising that I have barely mentioned the music featured in these films.

So I will be talking about the soundtracks from every movie in the order which I have presented the movies themselves.

I am no music expert and am not familiar with all songs from all movies. I will only present the soundtracks that I am aware of and heard.

POM POKO :
I honestly don't remember any other song from this movie other than the Mr Raccoon song that plays at he beginning. Is it catchy, yes, but it is also kind of creepy.

ONLY YESTERDAY :
I also only remember one song from this film, which is the main theme. I remember it playing during the opening credits and it's pretty good.

MY NEIGHBOURS THE YAMADAS :
The ending umbrella scene is amazing. Que Sera Sera is playing in the background makes the scene so much better too.

HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE :
Ok, so obviously Merry Go Round of Life was going to get mentioned here somewhere, but for good reasons. It's a great soundtrack from an ok movie. Along with that song there is also Cave of Mind and Promise of the World.

NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND :
The movie also has a lot of amazing songs. For me the most memorable was the la la la song. It gives me chills but it's also so catchy. The opening and ending songs was also pretty good. There are many more I wish I could name but unfortunately I do not know what they are called.

THE WIND RISES :
This movies's soundtrack is very catchy. I have seen it been called either A Journey or Dream of Flight, nonetheless it is great.

OCEAN WAVES :
To be honest, this movie's soundtrack didn't really stand out to me as I don't remember any of its songs.

WHEN MARNIE WAS THERE :
Fine on the Outside always hits me hard and I only found out about the song (or become more familiar with it) not to long ago. It plays during the ending credits and will probably get you to cry.

TALES FROM EARTHSEA :
Two of this movie's songs have words to them. The first is Therru's song, which, not gonna lie, gets al little repetitive. The second is Song if Time. I would like it more, however the lyrics are in Japanese. It's still good though.

THE CAT RETURNS :
Ok, Become the Wind is amazing. It's so catchy and the lyrics are cute. There's a version of the song where it has la la las in it and I like that one better.

PONYO :
Obviously Ponyo's theme song had to be brought up here. It's fun and gets stuck in your head so easily. At first I thought it kind of sounded like the Totoro song, but once you learn it they doesn't sound alike at all. There is also Rondo of the Sunflower House catchy, but to me felt a little long.

MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO :
The totoro song was the first Ghibli song I ever learnt. Path of the wind is the best tho, followed by the village in May. The Catbus song as just as great. Stroll, the opening song, otherwise known as Hey Let's Go! is also really singalong-y.

THE SECRET WORLD OF ARRIETTY :
Arrietty's song is high-key lit. It sound kind of creepy as it is very high pitches but it's still great. That key change towards the end of the song is EPIC.

FROM UP ON POPPY HILL :
The song Reminiscence is really sad and the piano hits you hard, as well as Summer of Farewells. The breakfast song is super catchy. But that song that was playing while they were walking in the rain was the weirdest music choice. They just found out they were siblings and this happy tune plays in the background. What the heck?

THE TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA :
The only song I know from this movie is Flying and it is amazing. 

CASTLE IN THE SKY :
The theme song has to be one of the best. I find it better when the chorus part of that song gets higher instead of lower. Pazu's trumpet song and the Pirate song is also great.

PORCO ROSSO :
The bygone days is a very pretty song. The ending song is ok I guess, I just don't like it as much as the other.

KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE :
A Town with an Ocean View is great and all, but that Soaring song in the English dub is a bop. The ending song with words is pretty good too.

GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES :
The theme song makes me sad whenever I listen to it, but it's still kind of happy sounding. I guess it's a bittersweet tune made to match such depressing movie.

WHISPER OF THE HEART :
Ok we all know I love both versions of country roads, (but obviously my girl Shizi's is better) but how about the main theme that plays during the balcony scene? That song is beautiful and also kind of sad since Seiji told Shizuku that he was leaving. The Song of the Barn is also a fun song as well.

PRINCESS MONONOKE :
Ok but like, why does every song from this film have the same part to it. It makes it kind of confusing. I actually thought Journey to the West and The Legend of Ashitaka were the same song. The Princess Mononoke Song is good as well, as the two I mentioned before but Ashitaka and San is my favourite from the film. The song is just so pretty and plays at a happy part of the movie

SPIRITED AWAY :
Yep, Spirited Away has the best soundtrack. One Summer's Day is just beautiful. Dragon Boy is intense and the Boiler Room song is super catchy. I don't know what that one song is called when the spirited come off that ship but I really want to find out. The Sixth Station is also a great song that hits you in the feels. But the best soundtrack of all is Waltz of Chihiro, otherwise known as the reprise. It plays during the best scene ever so obviously it's the best soundtrack.

Anyway, thanks for staying. I'm not really a big classical music fan but these songs have to be some of the best soundtracks I have ever heard. Simply listening to these songs will make me want to watch these movies again and again.

Sorry for the super long chapter but I hope you still enjoyed

Bye.