and moved down the staircase with buck and Kapkan rappelling down into the center of our formation as we waited for them

and moved down the staircase with buck and Kapkan rappelling down into the center of our formation as we waited for them. It was quiet as we reached the second floor, no movement... no birds singing.... no squeaky boards.... nothing. I whispered "Buck and Kapkan pull security, were clearing the rooms" as the door to my right was kicked in. Everyone working hard to make taking the base that much easier. I heard heavy breathing as we exited the room quickly turning to my left I saw the glow of the blue light of a bomber slowly moving up the stairs before he started running once he noticed us and we started firing. We paused as his body hit the ground before setting about clearing the rest of the rooms. On the last room, also the biggest on the 2nd floor, I unclipped kilo before we breached quickly pushing "Kilo, Hunt!" and shooting any enemies we saw I looked to my left and saw kilo pulling on a masks throat "Kilo, heel" as we split up and prepared to solo breach and clear the adjacent rooms. As we all took position, I saw Zofia and Lera on the largest of the side rooms, preparing to breach I counted down "3...2...1...Breach!" I went to hit my detonator before I was interrupted by the bomber hiding in my room charging and detonating his suicide vest throwing me into the wall. As the overpressure wore off, I shook my head as I heard Lera on the other side of the collapsed roof "Wendigo?! Wendigo are you okay?!" I coughed a couple times "yeah! Just bruised!" I hit open the window with my shotgun "Keep clearing! I'll meet you on the 1st floor!" I heard Zofia "Rog' see you downstairs!" As I clipped kilo to my back and rappelled outsides lowering myself to the ground. As I ran around to the front I entered through 2-1s carnage and chuckled softly "good to see the Green berets are just as destructive as I remember" moving to the staircase I waited for the rest of my team to link up to me as we moved back, towards the main entrance, into the small room directly right of the door as we entered treating the room as unknown I entered checking close left before moving halfway up the room, followed by Finka checking close right before Zofia and Thatcher following us in covering the long angles as they took position to the left, buck covered the hallway and Kapkan stood in the doorway covering the window.
(A/N hopefully this helps clear up the positions)

Zofia and I slowly moved to the corner we were supposed to breach

Zofia and I slowly moved to the corner we were supposed to breach. As we moved up, I lifted my hand extending my pointer and middle finger before rotating my hand the "Link up" hand signal as everyone moved to my position. "Thatcher, set the charge" as we set up a half circle around the hatch. I radioed the other elements "2-1, 3-1 were preparing to breach target room, how copy?" I heard 2-1 "we've linked with 3-1, set on both entrances just waiting for you to knock" I looked at thatcher as he finished setting the charge "Roger, preparing to knock" I looked at everyone "Ready?" They all nodded as I smirked "Thatcher, clear to knock" I watched as I heard 4 smaller explosions before the main charge went off and areas around the hatch were destroyed as we spun 180 and I yelled "Go! go! We're going to work!" As I dropped and fired my shotgun moving to the right behind the concrete block. I stood to fire only to take a round to the throat dropping holding my throat I watched at 2-1 and 3-1 were mowed down followed about 10 seconds later by my team. I sighed as we took off the VR headset and the rest of the body tracking gear "well we almost got it, it was sloppy and slow. We're running it again, let's focus on communicating and not wasting time" with a pointed look at buck and Kapkan as we loaded back into the situation. We spent the rest of the day running and completing the situation until it was smooth and everyone could do it on reaction I looked at the time 18:30 I took the entire set up off "Alright, everyone's dismissed. Do whatever your pre-mission ritual is and be ready to leave by 21:00." They nodded as everyone split off, I sighed before crouching petting kilo "that took a fucking while" before I stood up and walked to the cafeteria with Lera, she agreed "Yeah, but doing it that many times might save someone's life" I looked at her "Maybe, hopefully. I'm just glad we got it to being a well oiled machine." She nodded "let's get some food and then relax" I smiled slightly "I could go for a nap before the mission" she looked at me hopefully "Can we? Can we? can we??" I gave her a thumbs up "a 2 hour nap" she smiled as we grabbed our food and sat down. Discussing the mission and what we were worried about, "well we don't know if they have a SAM or not" she looked at the pictures "I don't think so, we should still fly low to avoid the chance" I sighed "yeah, I was thinking that too." We quickly finished our food and moved to the dorm, dragging ourselves to the bed it felt like my legs were encased in concrete, as kilo jumped on the bed and suddenly dropped her weight on my stomach. I sighed moving her off me as I wrapped my arms around Lera pulling her close before having Kilo crawl in between my arms and lera's stomach. I chuckled softly as I gave Lera a kiss and closed my eyes savoring the downtime before we started the big raid.
Time skip 2 hours
I awoke to my alarm going off and Lera groaning as I sighed sitting up "come on hon, get up we've got half an hour before we leave we've got to get ready." She didn't get up only groaned and waved me off as I spoke again "Lera, you need to get up or I'll start tickling you" she bolted upright as I stood up chuckling. I walked over to my closet grabbing my combat gear throwing it on, sighing at the familiar weight of my plate carrier,

before waiting for Lera to do the same as we headed down to the quartermaster and got our weapons and headed to the briefing

before waiting for Lera to do the same as we headed down to the quartermaster and got our weapons and headed to the briefing. By the time we arrived it was 20:45(8:45 pm) Harry walked in "thank you everyone for being here, you're all about to launch an extremely dangerous mission to kill the two leading turncoats of the enemy organization Lion and Ela, anyone who wishes to drop out of the mission step forward now." As no one stepped forward he smiled "Under any circumstances lion must be dead by the end of this raid we cannot afford to risk him moving to a different compound, are we clear?" We all nodded as he proceeded "Now we have 2 stealthhawks piloted by the best pilots the 160th have, they'll get you to the building quickly and quietly in around an hour. After that you're running through the building on a search and destroy mission looking for Ela and Lion, you've all been drilled through your job, you know what you're doing, and how the mission will proceed if everything goes smoothly. I expect everyone to be on their A game." He then asked "Any questions?" One of the berets asked "Do we just kill him and her and then run? Or do we hold the compound?" Harry looked at him "Smash and dash" the beret nodded as we all resolved to finish the mission I heard one of the medics ask "what are our options for support? Do we have any?" Harry sighed slightly "We can only spare 2 Reaper drones as most of our air support is being moved to support the various assaults on the satellite nations, if were lucky we'll be able to spare two Cobras as the raid progresses" I looked at him "How are we exfilling?" He looked at me "Marine 1st Armored Division is on standby to bring you all out once the mission is complete" I nodded as Harry didn't receive anymore questions so he said "Dismissed, move to the transports" we all stood as I checked my Cm901 before moving to the door. I saluted Harry one last time "See you when we get back, keep the coffee warm" he laughed before turning serious "remember, always moving forward. The safety of the free world is on your shoulders" I gave a half smirk "Sir, the free worlds got nothing to worry about" as I moved to the door I heard Harry muttering "I hope you're right" I glanced back at him before exiting with Lera as we jogged to the Stealthhawks waiting for us to bring us to the mission area as we all struggled to keep our nerves calm on the ride. I have years of experience and an immense amount of near death experiences but even I was terrified of what we were riding into. I thumbed my radio broadcasting to all elements of my assault team "Ladies and Gentlemen, If you look to your 11 o'clock position you will see the southern coast of Iran. In an hours time, we will be walking into Satan's throne room and ripping him off his throne by his nuts, and there is no other group of people I would rather walk into hell with. We'll be remembered for this, we'll be remembered as the saviors of a generation and the guardians of the Free. Let's make them proud, hooah?" I heard a chorus of fired up Green Berets "Hooah!" As Rainbow replied "Yessir." I smiled as I looked at Lera and thought about Amelia those are my reasons to win the day, just have to keep those reasons in my mind. I took a couple deep breaths before looking out the side door watching the water pass as we headed to Iran.