𝑰𝑰. Happy Accident

Start from the beginning

"You know you can talk to us, right, Angela?" Cory raised an eyebrow, taking a seat next to her, nudging her in her arm gently. She gave him a grateful smile, a small chuckle leaving her.

"I know. I'm fine guys, really. It's nothing too serious," Angela assured them. Topanga and Cory exchanged unconvinced expressions, their eyes flickering over at Shawn who had been silent the entire time, his eyes boring down on Angela, his emotions unclear. He was just as concerned about Angela as them, but he would never admit it. At least not in the open and certainly not in front of Angela. That had never been their relationship.

"Okay," Topanga nodded, taking a deep breath and tucking some of her hair behind her ears out of habit. "If you say so." Angela smiled fondly at her friend, reaching her hand out and squeezing Topanga's hand gently.

Shawn allowed his eyes to linger on Angela a few more moments and her eyes averted over to him, the two staring at each other for a quick second before both of them peeled their eyes away, looking anywhere but each other.

"So, gang," Cory stood to his feet, clasping his hands together with a deep breath, looking in between the group with a mischievous grin. "I have made plans for all of us tonight. We are going to a college party! Woo-hoo!" He fisted the air, a cheshire grin spread across his lips, a frown replacing the grin when he noticed his friends and his girlfriend weren't as excited as him. "What? Why are you guys not as excited as me?"

"Oh, sweet, innocent Cory," Shawn sighed deeply, shaking his head and inching closer to his confused friend, placing his hand at his cheek, patting it gently, "we are not children anymore. We don't get excited about going to parties. It's a normal thing now."

"Yeah, Cory." Angela nodded, standing up from the bench, her caddy in hand. "It's not that big a deal. It's just another party. And besides, I don't think I'm up for it tonight. Just not feeling it." She shrugged, beginning to make her way around the bench and over to one of the showers.

Before she was even around the bench, Cory was hopping over it and standing in front of her like a blockade, disbelief written across his face. "What do you mean you don't think you're up for it tonight?" He repeated her words sourly, his arms extended out like he was an airplane.

Angela blinked. "I'm just not in the mood."

"What do you mean you're just not in the mood?"

"Cory— "

"What do you mean Cory?" He continued dumbly, face scrunched together.

"Cory." The three of them echoed together in disappointment, but all Cory did was narrow his eyes at them.

"No, Angela. You are putting on the cutest thing in your closet and going partying with the rest of us. Not only do I have to find you your soulmate tonight but the group just won't be complete without you." Cory stated. Shawn rolled his eyes; Cory was always trying to play matchmaker for the both of them when they went out anywhere since they were both single.

"Ignoring the first part but he's right Angela," Topanga said, looking over at her friend, "it won't be the same without you. And maybe going to a party tonight might get your mind off of things." She suggested.

All eyes were now on Angela, awaiting her response, and after a few seconds of silence, Angela sighed, defeated. "Fine. I'll go." Cory hissed out a yes but Angela held up her index finger, making him pause. "But I don't need you trying to get involved in my love life, Cory. I appreciate it but stay out of it. At least for the night. If you can promise you'll do that, I give you my word that I'll go." She gave him a stern look.

Shawn definitely understood that. He was getting very annoyed that his friend would nearly point out every woman waltzing past them and ask, "what about her?" to the point where Shawn would have to get up and leave before he smacked Cory. His intentions were genuine, but he needed to ease up. He wasn't desperately seeking out love or anything.