Beast changes into a tiger and I smirk. Nix has been telling him to change up his shifts so he gets more comfortable with other types of animals.

He quickly pounces and I dodge quite sloppily. I shake my head and focus. I feel my senses elevate, but instead of focusing on the fight, they blur and focus on the conversation outside.

"So to my understanding, the suspect is trespassing on the Omega Compound?" Nix asks. She gets a response I can't hear, then replies, "So he claims he's visiting but you seem to think otherwise?" 

Beast pulls me back to the fight with a growl, but my ears tune back into Nix right away, "He's on his way here?" pause, "Oh you haven't found him?" pause, "I can't search, I'm currently with the guys kid."

I look to the door. 

Beast pounces, but I can't move. Who's Nix talking to? More importantly, who's she talking about? A trespasser looking for one of us? Which kid? Which parent?

Trish screams and Beast slams into me. I hit the ground hard, and Beast changes back to try and stop us from skidding too far and smashing me. 

Once we stop, he rolls away from me. "Are you okay?"

I sit up, "Yeah, I'm good."

"Why didn't you move?" Trish asks running over to us. Dang we went far, no less that twenty feet.

"I was just..."

"I leave for two minutes and someone already gets hurt?" Nix says walking in.

"Well maybe if you'd been here that wouldn't have happened," Trish mumbles. 

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing," Trish's eyes shoot to the ground.

Shawn helps me up, but right away I almost fall again due to my ankle. I wince in pain and he and Trish help me carefully to the floor again.

"That's not good," Nix says.

"Zoe needs to go to the infirmary," Trish says.

Nix crosses her arms and says, "I'll take her."

"Or I can," Beast offers.

"No, it's fine, I'll take her."

"Nix you can stay and be a trainer. It's fine I'll take her."

Nix looks at him and then to me. I notice she's really debating this. That worries me. "You sure?"

"Yeah, it'll be fine," Beast says again.

"Go straight there and come straight back, okay?"

"Why the sudden concern?" Beast asks.

"I should be asking you the same question."

With that Beast helps me up and I wrap my arm around his back for stability. We exit the room, and I can still feel the stare of Nix's worrying eyes.

We get just past the hallway and Beast asks me, "What happened in there? You never tune out of a fight, especially if you're in it."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just found myself listening to Nix's conversation."

"Eavesdropping, I see."

"It's not my fault, I'm just not really use to trainers exiting the room for a phone call."

"Who was she talking to?"

"I don't know, but they were talking about someone's dad."

"What?"

I shake my head, "I don't know. She mentioned a guy that's claiming to be a father for one of us. She made it sound like he was trespassing."