Richie opens his mouth, a hint of a smirk on his face as a dirty joke crosses his mind. "I can give you another type of D-"

"No!" Eddie says, panicked.

He sighs and lets his head drop as he sorts out his thoughts. "Chill it, would you?" Richie asks but Eddie doesn't move his gaze. "I've got everything under control, dude. He knows where you are," Richie says and motions to the door only a few feet away, "and in World History we have a work day. I told Mr. Martinez that you and me are going to the library to work on it."

Eddie finally lifts his gaze but he was still very apprehensive. He's never skipped before, even if it is for a few hours. It has crossed his mind a few times, sure, but he never dared to act on those thoughts. He's never dared to act on many thoughts.

He steps back slightly towards the door. "I.. I don't know.. If my mom.."

Richie waves a hand, cutting Eddie off. "Live a little, man! We're teenagers! Get that rebellion out of that small body of yours before you explode."

Eddie takes his bottom lip between his teeth as he looks to the wall. Richie watches him closely, ignoring the feelings Eddie rises when he bites his lip. A small sigh escapes and he meets Richie's expecting gaze again. "Fine," Eddie says. "I'll go."

Richie grins, happiness making his chest go light and warm. He turns on his heel and starts walking down the hall again. Eddie jogs to keep up and the two fall into a slow pace.

Eddie's eyes dart around, burning anxiety slowly building from his toes, up his legs, and forming a thick web in his stomach. The two make their way down the hall to the stairwell and Eddie thinks of something to say, something to take his mind off what he's currently doing.

"It's 'you and I'," Eddie says suddenly.

Richie's eyebrows pull together and he looks down to the shorter boy. "What?"

"You said you told Mr. Martinez that 'you and me' are going to the library," Eddie explains, a hand releasing his books to motion around as he talks. "It's 'you and I'."

It clicks in Richie's mind as to what he's saying and he pushes out a breath and smiles. "Whatever, grammar police," he says and nudges Eddie's shoulder softly.

"Do not fucking touch me," Eddie says sharply and moves a step away. Richie reaches out again, teasing the boy and Eddie darts away. "Fuck you," he says and turns the corner to the stairwell.

Eddie doesn't dare touch the railing as he goes down the stairs. He hates the stairwell and how much everything echoes in the walled off area. "Jesus Christ, shut up," he says, agitation itching at his skin. "Don't make me regret going with you."

Richie hops down the stairs behind him, his footsteps bouncing off the walls which makes it sound like it's everywhere. Eddie glances up to the doors, seeing if anyone comes to investigate the loudness that always follows Richie Tozier.

"There's only one way to shut me up," Richie says and Eddie could hear the grin in his voice.

"Killing you? I'm not usually the one for violence," Eddie says and steps down the rest of the stairs, "but you're making it very hard to resist."